Customer_key is empty in UserInfo

Description
I am not able to fetch customerKey of a User from both Android and iOS SDK. First, I create the meeting as a host. Then if any user joins the meeting, I fetch their customerKey based on the userId. If I join from WebSDK then this customerKey works fine. But if I join from Android or iOS SDK the customerKey is empty.

I am setting customerKey of a user like below while joining the meeting.

val opts = JoinMeetingOptions()
        opts.no_invite = true
        opts.meeting_views_options =
            MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_PASSWORD +
                    MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_MEETING_ID
        opts.no_dial_in_via_phone = true
        opts.no_dial_out_to_phone = true
        opts.customer_key = "abc"

val params = JoinMeetingParams()
        params.displayName = displayName
        params.meetingNo = meetingId
        params.password = password

ZoomSDK.getInstance().joinMeetingWithParams(context, params, opts)

Then I am fetching that user’s customerKey like below when he joins the meeting-

val inMeetingService = ZoomSDK.getInstance().inMeetingService
val customerKey: String? = inMeetingService.getUserInfoById(userId)?.customerKey // This customerKey is coming as empty in both Android and iOS but the other info like name is correct.

Which Android Meeting SDK version?

Hi @anonymousedge03, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have also been able to reproduce this behavior. We will need to investigate this and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom We are stuck in a bad situation because of this issue. We have to mandatorily release an app with the latest Zoom SDK because of the APK-based update code in the older Zoom SDK.

But this issue on the latest Zoom SDK breaks a major functionality in our app.

Hey @anonymousedge03,

I understand this is not ideal for developers using the SDK. This issue appears to be effecting other platforms as well and the engineers are investigating the root cause.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.