Dashboards->List Meetings

Description
I am looking to ingest zoom data into a data lake on a periodic basis (not webhook streaming). For meetings data, “Dashboards->List Meetings” is looking good with from and to dates for delta loads into lake, however it does not join_url in it, which is critical for me to join with other sources. I can’t go to Meetings->List Meetings (which has join_url) as it requires userid parameter.

Is there a way I can construct join_url based on other Meeting objects?
New to Zoom. Please bear with me.

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Dashboards->List Meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @arvind.kantheri,

The Dashboard List Meetings endpoint is for live or past meetings.

For upcoming meetings you have to use the List Meeting Endpoint.

The best way to do this is with our meeting webhooks, otherwise you will probably run into our rate limits if you query meetings for every user on your account.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy for your response. However, I am not clear. I am after getting join_url when I query Dashboard Meeting API ‘List Meetings’ for past meetings. Is there a way (not webhooks, as we do not have environment to support streaming here) I can get join_url of a meeting from Dashboard Meeting APIs?

I have another question on around Dashboard Meeting Participants APIs which is returning fewer columns for some API calls. Anyways, I will put that in a different request.

Regards
Arvind K

Hey @arvind.kantheri,

You can construct a join_url with a meeting ID from the Dashboard List Meetings endpoint.

zoom.us/j/meetingID

But that endpoint does not return the password. Why do you need the join_url for ended meetings?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy.
We have used join_url to link to traverse from other business applications.

Regards
Arvind K

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

I have another related question regarding List Meetings (Dashboard API). When I supply one day (say, yesterday and today) for ‘from’ and ‘to’ parameters, I get the all meeting instances and API call runs for the same time when I supply one month of data extract. I expect, either one day to have fewer records or one month to have lot too many. Can you help me understand what ‘from’ and ‘to’ signify? Shouldn’t I be gettting all meeting instances in the month if I put ‘from’ and ‘to’ for a month and for one day similarly?

Hey @arvind.kantheri,

Can you share your request url with the to and from params so I can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I call Dashboard API -> List Meetings API in a loop passing next_page_token as follows:
for one day:
/v2/metrics/meetings?type=past&from=2020-05-21&to=2020-05-22&page_size=300&next_page_token=

for one month:
/v2/metrics/meetings?type=past&from=2020-04-01&to=2020-04-30&page_size=300&next_page_token=

For each of the meeting UUIDs, I obtain meeting participants from (Dashboard API -> List Meeting Participants API)
/v2/metrics/meetings/double encoded Meeting UUID/participants?type=past&page_size=300&next_page_token=

Similar API for calls for Webinars too.

As mentioned in the request before, one day of meetinng and meeting participant data (and webinar) is very large when compared to the month data.
e.g., for the above API calls, one day gave 11865 meetings and API results for one month of Apr gave 6000 meetings.
However, the start and end times of meetings in the results (from Dashboard -> List Meetings API) has all dates within date parameters of the url.
So, I am not sure why this large variations in data between one day and one month.
Please help.
Regards
Arvind K

Hey @arvind.kantheri,

That is strange! Can you email this thread and your account number to developersupport@zoom.us so we can investigate further?

Thanks,
Tommy