Date mismatch when creating fortnightly Meetings

Date mismatch when creating fortnightly Meetings

Description
I have a problem when creating recurring meetings where if I set the repeat_interval to more than 1 the meetings are not being produced on the days I expect them to. The meetings produced are not only on the wrong days, but also often repeat more times than I intended. This occurs whether I am using end_times or end_date_time to set the amount of times it repeats. Am I doing something wrong?

Error
For example, if I set a meeting to start on the 2021/09/27 and repeat fortnightly till 2021/10/18 I would expect it to create a meeting on the 27/09 and the 11/10 but instead it produces meetings on the 04/10, 18/10 and 01/11 dates.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
using Zoom API web calls through c#

Which Endpoint/s?
I am making post requests to: /v2/users/{UserId}/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. post to /v2/users/{UserId}/meetings with request body:
    {
    “topic”: “example meeting”,
    “type”: “8”,
    “start_time”: “2021-09-27T10-00-00Z”,
    “duration”: 60,
    “timezone”: “Australia/Perth”,
    “password”: null,
    “agenda”: “example meeting”,
    “recurrence”: {
    “type”: 2,
    “repeat_interval”: 2,
    “weekly_days”: 2,
    “end_date_time”: “2021-10-18T00-00-00Z”
    },
    “settings”: {
    “host_video”: “true”,
    “participant_video”: “true”,
    “join_before_host”: “true”,
    “jbh_time”: 10,
    “approval_type”: 2,
    “audio”: “both”,
    “auto_recording”: “cloud”,
    “meeting_authentication”: “false”
    }
    }
  2. check zoom to see meetings on 04/10, 18/10 and 01/11 rather than 27/09 and 11/10

Hey @BrettH,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I was able to reproduce similar behavior with that request and have reached out to our engineering team for insight here.

I’ll let you know what we find. (ZOOM-311568)

Thanks,
Max

Hey @BrettH,

It looks like this was happening because dashes were used instead of colons when making this request. Please try changing the time format to use colons for the time:

2021-09-27T10:00:00Z

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Something easy to mistake yet obvious in hindsight. This fixed things for me, Thanks! :smiley:

My apologies for not catching that earlier! I’m glad that helped.

I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max