Deauthorization endpoint user identification

Hey @dave2 ,

Thank you for clarifying, and my sincere apologies for not catching your concern from the onset. I understand now that you’re essentially looking to make this connection with a customer’s Account ID as soon as they authorize/install the app, so that you can then have this record on your end when they uninstall (but please correct me if I’m misunderstanding).

While there’s not a completely straight forward way to track this, there is a suggestion I can make:

When an account authorizes/installs your app and—as part of the OAuth flow—you send a POST request to https://zoom.us/oauth/token to request an access token, you can at that point grab the access_token in the response and JWT decode it. For example, this access_token:

Would decode to something like this, which includes an aid key whose value is the account ID:

If this is feasible, you would be able to store that value on authorization, and then compare it with the value sent to your deauth endpoint in the webhook payload when an account uninstalls:

I hope this is a potential solution, Dave, but don’t hesitate to let me know if there are additional questions about this or if I’ve misunderstood any part of your question.

Best,
Will

1 Like