Delay in getting media after starting stream to custom rtmp url

Description
When user is clicking Start button we are performing two requests to Zoom API.

• update_livestream with our custom stream_url and stream_key
  • update_livestream_status with action: "start"

Also we have ffmpeg which is listening to rtmp url and it starts to receive media after ~2 min after zoom meeting was updated, and it is not something regular, happening from time to time.

Issue

Sometimes we are receiving media ~2 min after updating meeting.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
API with OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?

• update_livestream
  • update_livestream_status

Hey @bohdan,

Were you experiencing this issue yesterday, or has this been occurring intermittently over time/still seeing this? The reason I ask is because we experienced some issues with Livestreaming yesterday that could have affected this as well.

Let me know—thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom. Thank you for your reply.

Yes, we encountered it yesterday. Thank you for letting know.

And a small question how much time does it take to actually start streaming to provided url after updating status?

Thank you!

And also we are facing it right now, but even worse we are sending update_livestream and update_livestream_status requests but meeting is not starting to stream at all, all requests returned 204 status. And meeting has status started. Do you want me to provide any details, meeting id or something like that?

Hi @bohdan,

Can you please share the following with us at developersupport@zoom.us so that we can further investigate?

• Full request URL/body you’re using
  • Meeting ID
  • Approximate timestamps of the requests

Thank you,
Will

Hi! @will.zoom, thank you. Will do.

@will.zoom Sorry for taking your time, looks like it was issue on my side that I missed. Sorry and thank you for your time!

Glad you were able to figure it out! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.