Deleting a single ocurrence of a recurring meeting

Description
Hello Zoom Team,
When implementing your Delete Meeting endpoint, our team noticed that all of the ocurrence_id values that we get for a recurring meeting from List meetings are the same. How would we go about deleting a specific recurrence of a meeting then?

Error
The occurence_id for all instances of meeting returned by calling list meetings method are the same.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Oauth

Which Endpoint/s?

1. List Meetings
  2. Delete Meeting

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1.Request a list of upcoming meetings
2. See error

Hi @m.yankovskyyuk,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and happy to help.

Can you share an example of the request you’re making where you’re not seeing all meeting occurrences as expected? Are you using the type=upcoming parameter on your request?

Let me know if you can share an example—I’ll be happy to take a closer look and guide you on this.

Thanks!
Will

Hello @will.zoom ,
Thanks for the response. The request is sent to https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{zoomUserDetails.ZoomUserId}/meetings?type=upcoming.
The example response that we get is:

Text version:
Zoom

1. {page_count: 0, page_number: 0, page_size: 30, total_records: 9, next_page_token: “”, …}
  2. meetings: Array(9)
    1. 0: {uuid: “0opi5U7/QGyw/veDLnQDaw==”, id: 95810268845, host_id: “eiJNEENxRrWAVPePvQywDQ”, topic: “Singular Scheduly boi”, type: 2, …}
    2. 1: {uuid: “KhrWZ9DZTQivy5zorNVQaQ==”, id: 97937009396, host_id: “eiJNEENxRrWAVPePvQywDQ”, topic: “Quarterly repeat meetings starting mid-quarter”, type: 8, …}
    3. 2: {uuid: “7kf3SEYIQXCJIG+dsu86uQ==”, id: 93059304869, host_id: “eiJNEENxRrWAVPePvQywDQ”, topic: “New scheduly boi”, type: 8, …}
    4. 3: {uuid: “KhrWZ9DZTQivy5zorNVQaQ==”, id: 97937009396, host_id: “eiJNEENxRrWAVPePvQywDQ”, topic: “Quarterly repeat meetings starting mid-quarter”, type: 8, …}
    5. 4: {uuid: “7kf3SEYIQXCJIG+dsu86uQ==”, id: 93059304869, host_id: “eiJNEENxRrWAVPePvQywDQ”, topic: “New scheduly boi”, type: 8, …}
    6. 5: {uuid: “KhrWZ9DZTQivy5zorNVQaQ==”, id: 97937009396, host_id: “eiJNEENxRrWAVPePvQywDQ”, topic: “Quarterly repeat meetings starting mid-quarter”, type: 8, …}
    7. 6: {uuid: “7kf3SEYIQXCJIG+dsu86uQ==”, id: 93059304869, host_id: “eiJNEENxRrWAVPePvQywDQ”, topic: “New scheduly boi”, type: 8, …}
    8. 7: {uuid: “tTlv6RKXTdCYWnj28t5/og==”, id: 97940186439, host_id: “eiJNEENxRrWAVPePvQywDQ”, topic: “test”, type: 2, …}
    9. 8: {uuid: “7kf3SEYIQXCJIG+dsu86uQ==”, id: 93059304869, host_id: “eiJNEENxRrWAVPePvQywDQ”, topic: “New scheduly boi”, type: 8, …}
    10. length: 9
    11. proto: Array(0)
  3. next_page_token: “”
  4. page_count: 0
  5. page_number: 0
  6. page_size: 30

Of course this is not the fully expanded object, however it can be seen that the uuids on the meetings with typ 8 are the same.

Does this help?
Thanks,
Mykola

Hi @m.yankovskyyuk,

Thanks for confirming and for sharing these details.

Because these meetings are upcoming, the occurrence ID (UUID) will be the same for all upcoming meetings that haven’t taken place yet. Zoom doesn’t generate unique UUIDs for upcoming recurring meetings until the occurrence is started.

Once the meeting starts, a new unique UUID will be generated for that instance of the meeting. However, until then, you will see the original UUID for the upcoming meetings.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you still have questions about this.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Hello @will.zoom,
Once again thanks for the response. Does this mean that it is impossible to delete a single occurrence of recurring meeting then? (e.g. I have a daily meeting for the next week and then want to delete the Sunday one for whatever reason)
Thanks,
Mykola

Hi @m.yankovskyyuk,

That’s correct—you cannot delete UUIDs of a recurring meeting via API, rather you should change the recurrence settings in the Meeting Settings .

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Thank you very much for the response. That clarifies what we need to know.

No problem, glad I could help clarify @m.yankovskyyuk

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.