Delete Meeting API

Description
I’m using Delete Meeting API, when I pass the MeetingID(integer), the latest meeting with same ID been deleted. Then I try using UUID, but id there is “/” inside UUID, I got meeting not found error (404).

any suggestion, what should I do to delete the correct meeting.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Chen Rui

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

hi, i am also getting same issue, but not with uuid, with meeting id also i am not able to delete or edit the meeting. getting “{“code”:124,“message”:“Invalid access token.”}” error. Now i am doing this in development environment, is there any restrictions to edit or delete the meeting. when i am scheduling meeting and listing the scheduled meetings i am not getting any issue, while i am doing edit or delete only getting this error. Can any one please help to me. I am generating new accesstoken for each request using JWT.

Hey @hw5coder,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This seems like a different issue, please submit a new forum post for this, and I’ll investigate it ASAP.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @chenrui,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum.

If you are looking to delete a specific occurrence, make sure that you are also passing the occurrence_id. Otherwise, this API will remove all occurrences.

The Delete a Meeting API only accepts a Meeting ID as it is designed to delete upcoming meetings or occurrences but not past instances of a meeting.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max

Thanks for your help.

How can I get occurrence_id? I cannot find it from get meeting response.

Best Regards,

Chen Rui

Hey @chenrui,

Try using the occurrences array returned from the Get a Meeting API.

Let me know if that helps. If not, are you able to provide the request that you’re making when the occurrences array is missing?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max

for Personal meeting room, will be used every time but not set occurrence, how to delete the recordings correctly, meaning the past recordings?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Chen Rui

Hey @chenrui,

Thank you for the update. Good question! You can use the List Ended Meeting Instances API to get a list of UUIDs and start times for your personal meeting rooms. Then you can compare that with the UUIDs returned from the List All Recordings API.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max

thanks for the information how to get the correct UUID for personal Meeting ID. My purpose is to delete the meeting. if the UUID has “/”, how to deleted it? can you give me some samples, like original UUID, and the “double encoded” result.
I’m using Java, and try URL encode twice for UUID sting, but still cannot, get 404 error.

Best Regards,

Chen Rui

Hey @chenrui,

Thank you for your question. Are you able to provide the UUID that you are attempting to encode, a code snippet of how you’re encoding, as well as the result after double encoding the value?

I’ll look into this further and see if I can spot any issues. So far, it sounds like you’re doing everything correctly.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max

UUID: “WbXMX/DDSouWH9K1DmdXhQ==”
Double Encoded String: “WbXMX%252FDDSouWH9K1DmdXhQ%253D%253D”

My Code: “URLEncoder.encode(URLEncoder.encode(strUUID))”

Thanks for you help.

Regards

Chen Rui

Hey @chenrui,

Thank you for providing additional information. You should only need to double encode a UUID if it starts with a forward slash or contains a double slash. As this UUID doesn’t start with a slash, you shouldn’t need to encode it.

With that being said, the Delete a Meeting API expects a Meeting ID instead of a Meeting UUID. This is because you can’t delete a meeting that has already occurred with this API and instead you can only remove upcoming occurrences. If you wanted to delete a specific occurrence this is where you would use the occurrence_id query parameter.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max

I understanding the UUID encoded thing now. thanks,

About the meeting used Personal Meeting ID, how to delete it? I tried the Delete API (meetings/MeetingID delete method), it delete the latest one by default. Is there also have occurence_id for personal meeting, how to get it?

Thanks for all your helps.

Regards,

Chen Rui

Hey @chenrui,

Thank you for your question. If you attempt to create a recurring meeting with your Personal Meeting ID, you’ll see that Zoom will actually generate a new Meeting ID for this set of meetings. Currently, it’s not possible to create a recurring meeting with your Personal Meeting ID.

You can confirm this by navigating to the Zoom Web Portal and creating a meeting. You’ll see that initially you have the option to choose your Personal Meeting ID but when you set the meeting as recurring, that option is no longer available.

After creating the meeting, you’ll see that it has been assigned a unique Meeting ID.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max

Thanks for your replay!

My question is how to delete those past meetings which using Personal Meeting ID? I tried using the meetingId in Delete Meeting API only, but the latest one deleted. what should be the occurences_id for my case (Deleting meetings using Personal Meeting ID).

Best Regards,

Chen Rui

Hey @chenrui,

You can only use the Delete a Meeting API to delete an upcoming meeting. If a meeting is in progress or has already ended, it cannot be deleted:

This is because the API is intended to remove meetings that you have scheduled but not to remove historical data about meetings.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max

I need to delete the Personal meeting to free spaces for new meetings. what should I do? what is the correct API I should use?

Thanks

Best Regards

Chen Rui

Hey @chenrui ,

Can you share more details about this issue you are having? Do you mean cloud recording space?

If you are seeing an error message please share a screenshot. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy

Thanks for your reply.

I’m using Delete Meeting API to delete the past Zoom Meetings to release cloud recording space. But the meeting deleted (using personal meeting ID) is not the one I try to delete, for example, I delete the one at Apr 2020, but the one at Jan 2021 been deleted.

In the API doc, I need to give occurrence_id as parameter, but for Personal Meeting ID what should I use for “occurrence_id”?

Best Regards,

Chen Rui

Hey @chenrui,

In order to delete a recording, please use the Delete Meeting Recordings API. In this instance, because meetings with cloud recordings have already ended, you would use the UUID of the ended meeting in order to identify a specific instance that you would like to remove.

The occurrence_id is only use for upcoming recurring meetings.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max