Deprecated Client URL Scheme

We were using this to launch users directly into the Zoom app without having to enter/expose the meeting password in cases where the user was having issues with the Web SDK.

Now that this is deprecated, is there an alternative? The Join URL returned in Get/Create meeting launches Zoom, but the user has to enter the password.

Is there a way to do this now that this is deprecated, or do we have to expose meeting passwords now? Everything was so seemless before, and with the password complexity requirements, getting users to enter the password or copy it without extra spaces or random punctuation is likely to cause a number of issues.

We also didn’t really get any heads up that this was being deprecated, I don’t remember seeing it in any release notes. It would be great if you made some of these whole-sale breaking changes opt-in, or opt-out, and send out email blasts for them because our Zoom stuff randomly breaks and then we have to go digging around to see what you changed/broke this time around

I just noticed that this is still working in some zoom instances, and not in other zoom instances. I thought it was deprecated/no longer working, and appears to be so for one of our clients who use the zoom Web SDK, but not for another client that is using it.

Hey @sales1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. As the feature is deprecated, you may see varying levels of functionality between platforms. Ultimately, this means that it will be removed soon and we no longer support that functionality.

As you indicated, the join_url should be used instead. You should be able to call the Get a Meeting API in order to obtain the url for a meeting with the pwd has included.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.