Developer and API and token creation

I wanted to share some background before our meeting tomorrow to make it more productive.

I’ve been a paid Zoom customer for my meetings and have used it extensively. As a software developer with 50 years of experience, I am currently working on various projects, including web-based, local machine, and mobile applications.

Currently, I am developing a web-based application that requires video conferencing directly within the site, where one participant will primarily act as a teacher. My goal is to embed video conferencing within the website, so users can log in and participate without needing to manually connect through Zoom or any other external video platform.

I’ve tested several options, and Zoom’s demo API worked best in terms of latency. However, while trying to become a paid customer of the Zoom Developer API, I encountered an issue: the system required me to create a separate developer account, resulting in two paid accounts (one as a regular user and one as a developer). So right now I have two paid account. One is the original and other is a new developer account for API usage. Not sure if this is right.

While I’ve managed to create a demo and embed it into my website, I ran into a roadblock with the Zoom Authentication Key (ZAK) token, which expires after a while. The documentation seems to be leading me in circles, and I haven’t been able to find a clear guide on generating ZAK and other necessary tokens for a long-term solution. I just need a developer to tell me the direction.

My architecture involves front-end JavaScript and a PHP backend. I’m hoping you can help me navigate this issue and provide a working demo for token generation.

Looking forward to our discussion.

Best regards,