Development credentials during upgrade approval

I’ve read all the documentation I could find and still, many things aren’t clear. I inherited this project from another team, so I’m new to all this, so please bear with me.

From what I understand, after I modify the scopes, they won’t be immediately visible in the market place (I checked), but they will be visible using development credentials (I tried using the publishable URL with development credentials and I could see the new scopes).

From what I learned from the previous team, the first approval of the app required a Zoom team member to log into an account of our live system to verify the integration. Now we have this chicken/egg scenario: the production system uses production credentials, under which you can’t see the new changes before the app is approved.

So there are few questions:

1. Will the upgrade process require to log into our system just like the very first approval?
  2. Is it a requirement to use a production system, or we can use stage/test environments for you to login?
  3. Maybe there are some other ways to accomplish this? Maybe a Zoom team member’s account is able to authorize unpublished versions? Is there’s some common recommended practice?
2 Likes

Hey @konstantin.geyst, happy to help! :slight_smile:

Yes, you will need to submit an update to your app on the “Submit” page in your apps settings on the marketplace.

We prefer to use the environment that your users will be using, however, we understand with the update flow this is sometimes impossible since the production version of your app has not been updated yet.

Submit your update request, and @abe.queen will walk you through it! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@konstantin.geyst I am curious to know how you went about it?

The same problem also exists for first time app submissions. The ‘App Credentials’ page says this:

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 2.55.18 PM

So the reviewer(s) will use development credentials during the approval process. However my app does not have a development server. We are using production credentials on our production server.

Does this mean that I have to use development credentials in production until my app gets reviewed and then use production credentials once my app is approved? @tommy pls help.

@subodh.malgonde

We ended up using development credentials on our staging server and successfully passed the review.

2 Likes

Hey @subodh.malgonde,

You can use request to use your production credentials during the review process.

Thanks,
Tommy