Display Zoom video on backend of our website for administrator to view?

Hello. I would like to create a webpage on our back end where an administrator can view the video of a Zoom meeting without joining the meeting. The audio is not necessary (in fact, it would be preferable to keep it muted).

Would it be possible to do this? If so, can you please provide the code or point me to the correct documentation?

Thank you!

Hey @cgeo13,

Are you trying to view the meeting in real time?

I would suggest using streaming to accomplish this, and embed the stream in your admin view:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy. Thank you again for the reply. Our backend has a lot of functions / features that the meeting host will be utilizing during the meeting. This would require them to keep two windows open, their browser and zoom. I was hoping I could pull the video feed into the webpage where they’ll be working so they don’t have to switch back and forth between zoom and the meeting to ensure their camera is on / pointed in the right direction, etc.

I was hoping we could pull in the video directly from the call rather than live streaming because streaming has quite a bit of a delay.

Hey @cgeo13, happy to help!

Streaming is the only way to do this, other than having a participant join the meeting, and then using the Web SDK to display it in your application.

You can also embed the stream into your application so everything is on one page.

Thanks,
Tommy