"Do not disturb" status does not change to "In meeting" - is this intentional?

Description
If you explicitly set your status to “Do not disturb”, and then you start or join another person’s meeting, the user’s status still appears as “Do not disturb”. Therefore I cannot depend on using the user.presence_status_updated event to determine if a user joined a meeting if they set their status to “Do not disturb.”

I’m wondering if that is intentional?

On the other hand, if you set your status to “Away” and you join a meeting, the status changes to “In Meeting”.

Error
status for “do not disturb” is never changed to “in meeting”. Is this intentional?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
user.presence_status_updated event

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. configure app to send user.presence_status_updated events
  2. manually change your status in zoom to “do not disturb”
  3. start a meeting
  4. observe that your status is not set changed to “In Meeting”
  5. observe that no user.presence_status_updated event is published for “In meeting”

Hey @zm23,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. We are aware of some inconsistencies with how the user.presence_status_updated and chat statuses work. I’ve brought this up to our engineering team in the past and it’s something we are working to improve in the future.

In the meantime, try using the Get User Contact Details API and let me know if that provides more accurate information.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.