Check if a user is on a call or available

Hi,

Is it possible to know if a user is currently on a phone call/meeting?

Thanks

Hi @shikhar.gaur,

Welcome to the Zoom Developer Community.

Our APIs are designed for provisioning and not for in-meeting support. That being said, we may have an API endpoint in the future to know about the call status of a user.

Please follow our changelog here to stay updated with the latest features.

Thanks,
Ojus

Hey @shikhar.gaur,

A possible solution is our List Meeting Participants endpoint, which lists participants in a certain meeting.

Another way could be to use our participant joined or meeting started webhooks.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy @Ojus

Are there any updates on this? I wanted to check if we have a new method available to get user status (on call etc) given a list of users. If not, will it be possible to know if we have any plans to roll out this feature in future updates?

Hey @shikhar.gaur,

You can now see the users status via new User Presence Status Updated Webhook:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/user-events/presence-status-updated

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Thank you for the suggested solution. While the solution works, our use case require the user status to automatically set as in meeting or available, depending on whether the user is in the meeting or not. So, instead of setting user presence status (or user status ) manually, It would be great to have it set automatically if the user joins a meeting. The use case I am working on is based on: given a large set of user ids, we want to find those ids who are in meeting and those who are not. Could you please let me know when can we expect such functionality to be available?

Thanks,
Shikhar

Hey @shikhar.gaur,

Ah we do not have the “In a Zoom Meeting” presence yet, but it is currently in development slated to release sometime this year. (ZOOM-80787)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @shikhar.gaur,

@shrijana.g just did a quick test and it seems like the presence status gets updated to “Do Not Disturb” when a user is in the meeting. You can use that as a work around for now! :slight_smile:

{
    "event": "user.presence_status_updated",
    "payload": {
        "account_id": “myaccid”,
        "object": {
            "date_time": "2020-03-10T21:58:57Z",
            "email": “myemail@gmail.com",
            "id": “myid”,
            "presence_status": "Do_Not_Disturb"
        }
    }
}

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy Is there an update on ZOOM-80787?

Hey @teja.saranam,

This feature is currently in development. I will keep this thread updated, but you can also stay updated here:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like