The presence_status property is set to 'In_Meeting' for user.presence_status_updated

Description
I’ve built an integration that uses the user.presence_status_updated webhook to determine whether someone is in a meeting. Up until several days ago, the value that was returned for user.presence_status_updated was Do_Not_Disturb. Recently, it has been returning an undocumented value called In_Meeting (which makes more sense, but was is not documented anywhere and this change was not announced).

Error
The expected API contract of this webhook was changed in a non-backward-compatible way, so the code for my integration no longer worked because it was expecting a value of Do_Not_Disturb, but received In_Meeting instead.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
user.presence_status_updated

Hey @lukelengl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I was able to confirm the discrepancy between the documentation and the actual behavior of the API by testing this internally. I’ve since reached out to our engineering team to confirm this is the expected behavior and to have the documentation updated. In the meantime, please use the In_Meeting value when a user joins a meeting.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I’ll be sure to update you here when I have more information. (ZOOM-227913)

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.