Do I need to migrate my JWT app to server-to-server OAuth app if all I'm doing is to generate the signature on the backend to allow web client to join webinars via meeting SDK

As title suggested, I have a Zoom JWT app, my server is using this JWT app’s apiKey and apiSecret to generate the signature, and sending it to the web client, and the web client is also using this JWT app’s apiKey, together with the signature generated on the server, to join webinar via web meeting SDK. (so that users could watch the webinar without installing zoom client)

With this specific use case, do I still need to migrate the JWT app to server-to-server OAuth app? Everything stills works fine now, even though the JWT app has been deprecated at first of this month, however, the last part of the announcement email worries me a bit, quote “The expected end-of-life for JWT apps will be September 1, 2023. This means that after September 1, 2023, you will no longer be allowed to interact with Zoom systems via the JWT app.”

I looked at the documentation Meeting SDK Auth, it does not mention anything on mandatory migration, does this mean that I don’t need to do anything? Even after September 1?

Thanks!

There was an deadline extension from June 1 2023 to Sep 1 2023.

There are 2 things worth mentioning here.

1. Web Meeting SDK will need to be auth using Meeting SDK App Type. I believe you might be using Web SDK version 2.6 or lower. On 5th August, this will stop working, and you will need to upgrade your Web SDK to newer version.
  2. Newer version of Web SDK (>2.7) will require Meeting SDK App Type to generate your JWT token.

Do check out the migration guide here

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.