Does updating presence status from Web API require active login on an official client?

Description

I would appreciate some clarification of the requirements to update a user’s presence status using the Web API.

The updatePresenceStatus section of the Zoom Meeting API says:

Note that a user’s presence status cannot be updated via this API if the user is not logged in to the Zoom client.

The above statement implies that a user only needs to be logged in to a Zoom client in order for this functionality to work.

However, in my testing of this endpoint, it appears that a user must be logged into and actively running an official Zoom client in order for this to work.

Is this the intended functionality?

If so, is there a way to treat a custom built app using a Zoom SDK as the required client?

API Endpoint

updatePresenceStatus

Hi @noah1

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum! I am happy to help here!
Yes, the user must be logged into the official Zoom client so you can use this endpoint.

I just did some testing on my end and if you are trying to change the presence_status of a user that is not logged into the Zoom Client, you will get an error:

{
    "code": 5301,
    "message": "Request to update the presence status of this user failed."
}

About this

If so, is there a way to treat a custom built app using a Zoom SDK as the required client?

Allow me some time to gather more information on this matter and will come back to you with an update!
Thanks
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for the quick response on the matter. That error code aligns with my experience in testing as well.

And I appreciate you looking into the matter further.

Thanks,

Noah

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.