Domain doesn't allow microphone or camera

Description
I have built a web SDK meeting app embedded on our site.
The site replicate the same code on two different domains, DEV and PLATFORM
On DEV everything works perfectly, on PLATFORM there is no way to get microphone and camera activated.

Browser Console Error
No specific error, on PLATFORM the app keep saying that I should allow microphone and camera on the browser although they are both recognised, allowed and working.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
I tried 2.2.0, 2.3.5 and finally 2.4.0 - it doesn’t seem to be a version issue since on DEV everything works and only on PLATFORM I have the issue.

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
Not a code issue, is a domain issue

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to platform.learningleaders.com
  2. Click on Classroom after logging in
  3. The web meeting client shows and can be joined, if a class is currently available, but camera and microphone are not allowed in any way.
  4. This can be reproduced only with my help, so please contact me if needed and i will show you sharing my screen.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: home Windows PC
  • Browser: Chrome and Edge
  • Browser Version [101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) ( 64 bit)

Additional context
The code has been verified, We reproduced the whole PLATFORM on DEV domain (dev.learningleaders.com) and everything works, I tried to join a meeting from a zoom client, and it works. This is an issue strictly happening on platform domain

Hi @ghidon ,

Sorry to hear this is happening! Do you see any differences in the console log between how the Web SDK is rendering? I don’t think we’ve seen domain behavior differences like this before, but will look for any pre-existing precedent.

Gianni

Browser Console Error
No specific error, on PLATFORM the app keep saying that I should allow microphone and camera on the browser although they are both recognised, allowed and working.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
I tried 2.2.0, 2.3.5 and finally 2.4.0 - it doesn’t seem to be a version issue since on DEV everything works and only on PLATFORM I have the issue.

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
Not a code issue, is a domain issue

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to https://testfiledownload.com
  2. Click on Classroom after logging in
  3. The web meeting client shows and can be joined, if a class is currently available, but camera and microphone are not allowed in any way.
  4. This can be reproduced only with my help, so please contact me if needed and i will show you sharing my screen.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: home Windows PC
  • Browser: Chrome and Edge
  • Browser Version [101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) ( 64 bit)

Additional context
The code has been verified, We reproduced the whole PLATFORM on DEV domain (dev.learningleaders.com) and everything works, I tried to join a meeting from a zoom client, and it works. This is an issue strictly happening on platform domain

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your reply.
FYI I managed to solve it by adding allow camera and microphone to the iframe parameters under platform domain.
Still does not explain why keeps working without it on development environment.
Maybe is worth investigating on your side.
Maybe a domain vs subdomain issue? Maybe an SSL conflict?

1 Like

Thank you for sharing what helped you @ghidon ! @gaconi7624 were you able to try what they recommended?

Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.