Download Recordings after JWT Deprecation from Webhook "recording completed"

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)

• recording completed webhook
  • zoom dot us/oauth /token?grant_type=account_credentials&account_id=123
  • download_url?access_token=JWT_TOKEN_HERE

Description
Hello! We have a tool that downloads zoom recordings for our users, currently it works fine with the JWT method (download_url?access_token=JWT_TOKEN_HERE) In light of the JWT deprecation next year, it sounds like we should switch to a server-to-server oauth zoom app (right?).

I got a basic server-to-server Oauth setup and I can request a token, that works:

{
"access_token": "foooo-baaaar-blaaaah",
"token_type": "bearer",
"expires_in": 3599,
"scope": "meeting:master meeting:read:admin meeting:write:admin meeting_token:read:admin:live_streaming meeting_token:read:admin:local_archiving meeting_token:read:admin:local_recording recording:read:admin user:master user:read:admin user:write:admin"
}

But, when I try to download the video, either using this access_token like this: download_url?access_token=foooo-baaaar-blaaaah, or, as a header:

curl -X GET --location "download_url" -H "authorization: Bearer foooo-baaaar-blaaaah" --output meeting_recording.mp4

Either way I get a 401 forbidden error. I’m sure I’m being silly and using two mismatched tools – but I don’t see a way to download the recording without the (deprecated) JWT – is there?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.