Duplicated live streaming webhooks

We’ve noticed this recently, where meeting.live_streaming_started arrives twice, at different times.

{"event":"meeting.live_streaming_started","payload":{"account_id":"","operator":"xyz","operator_id":"","object":{"uuid":"H9D1A0nTT4ywXLm+Tw46xw==","id":,"host_id":"","topic":"x","type":2,"start_time":"2021-05-13T07:00:00Z","duration":45,"timezone":"Europe/Brussels","live_streaming":{"service":"Custom_Live_Streaming_Service","custom_live_streaming_settings":{"stream_url":"x","stream_key":x","page_url":"x"},"date_time":"2021-05-13T07:00:33Z"}}},"event_ts":1620889233689}

Then 7 minutes later

{"event":"meeting.live_streaming_started","payload":{"account_id":"","operator":"xyz","operator_id":"","object":{"uuid":"H9D1A0nTT4ywXLm+Tw46xw==","id":,"host_id":"","topic":"x","type":2,"start_time":"2021-05-13T07:00:00Z","duration":45,"timezone":"Europe/Brussels","live_streaming":{"service":"Custom_Live_Streaming_Service","custom_live_streaming_settings":{"stream_url":"x","stream_key":"x","page_url":"x"},"date_time":"2021-05-13T07:07:38Z"}}},"event_ts":1620889658127}

What is the reason for this?

In this particular meeting, we have noticed that the stream actually arrived from
00:00 - 00:51
07:03 - 12:04

Why did it cut out around then? The host has confirmed they did not interupt the stream.

Hi @jimig,

Thanks for raising this with us—we’re looking into this for you (ZOOM-274928).

Thanks, and I’ll be in touch shortly,
Will

Thanks @will.zoom - any update?
We are getting more and more reports, the logs have the same duplicate issue also cause the meeting stream to cut. Here is another example from the 19th: “uuid”:“PXPJtVahS8eMr6efW6d3lQ==”,“id”:85145118926

Hi @jimig,

Thanks for your patience while our team looked into this.

Upon further investigation, we can see that these duplicate webhooks were a result of the Live Streaming connection being disconnected. When the Live Stream reconnected, a subsequent webook was triggered.

Our team is treating this as a bug and is working on an enhancement to improve our reconnect logic and ensure that duplicate webhooks aren’t triggered as a result. (ZOOM-274928)

Thanks,
Will

Thanks @will.zoom . Could you elaborate on why the streaming connection failed? Was that at the zoom end?

If the stream fails, it should surely send a stream.failed webhook so we can be aware. What we notice is that when it reconnects, we still do not see the “LIVE” and there is no media sent to us?

Hi @jimig,

Thanks for the follow up, and good questions.

I’m confirming these details with the Engineer who is working on this, and I’ll follow up shortly.

Best,
Will

Hey @will.zoom, do we have any updates on this one?

Hi @plamen.hristanov,

I don’t have an update to share on this quite yet, but I can confirm our team is still looking into this.

Thanks,
Will

Hey Will!

Could we have an update on this one, please? We are getting more and more cases like this one.

Best,
Plamen

Hi @plamen.hristanov,

Thanks for following up on this—I’ve just followed up with our Engineering team regarding this. I’ll follow up with an update as soon as I hear back.

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

We were hoping if we can get any update on this one, please?

Best,

Velizar

Hi @velizar.stefanov,

I don’t have an update to share at the moment, but can confirm this request is being evaluated by our Engineering/Product team. I’ll follow up here with updates as I have them.

Thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Any chance we can speed this up? This has been raised more than 40 days ago and we still don’t have any updates… It’s crucial for us to get this resolved asap.

Best,
Plamen

Hi @plamen.hristanov and @velizar.stefanov,

We appreciate your patience and receive your feedback regarding this topic. We are exploring an enhancement and are awaiting a timeline from engineering on when we can get a “livestreaming failed” webhook to help alleviate these situations.

All the best,
Gianni

ZOOM-274928

Hi Gianni,

Appreciate you looking further into this.

Looking forward to your response.

Best,

Velizar

Hi @velizar.stefanov ,

I appreciate your patience on this. Unfortunately there is some urgency on a few other features at the moment.

Might I suggest deleting the duplicate event by using “start_time” or “uuid”?

Let me know if this helps.
Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.