During COVID, is it possible to increase the daily rate limit of meeting create (currently at 100)?

POST /users/{userId}/meetings.has a daily rate limit of 100 requests per day. This is normally fine, but COVID isn’t normality. Could it be increased (200/day?) during COVID?

Hey @patrickd, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

What is your use case for creating more than 100 meetings a day for a single user?

Thanks,
Tommy

We do remote identity verification sessions (where customers show their pieces of ID… it’s very quick). These last 10 minutes and we’re making modifications to shorten them to 5 minutes.

We usually have 15-20 meetings a day. Now with COVID and everyone working from home, we have over a hundred sessions booked per day for a given user, which we expect to decrease in a few weeks to around 80-90/day. A Zoom user won’t service all these bookings in a single day (so we’re having a backlog), but we don’t control (and don’t want to slow down) the rate at which customers subscribe to our service.

Hi Tommy, I would also have such a need and for similar reasons - @patrickd is spot on - COVID period is not normality.
But as a follow up question, the 100 “create meeting” per day, according to the API is:

This API has a daily rate limit of 100 requests per day. Therefore, only 100 Create a Meeting API requests are permitted within a 24 hour window for a user

What if I create a meeting on behalf of a sub-user? Is that 100 requests using my JWT or 100 requests to create meetings for that specific user? So can I create 60 meetings for UserA and 60 meetings for UserB?
What if, today I call the API to create a meeting for tomorrow; does that count in the limit (your own question to patrickd seems to hint to the fact that it’s about having 100+ meetings lined up for one day)

Thank you for your assistance!

Mat

Hey @Matiboy,

That is exactly the solution I was going to suggest. If you need to create more then 100 meetings in a day you can do so for free by creating another user, which in @patrickd case can be a free user since he does not need meetings over 40 minutes.

The 100 API limit is how many times the create meeting endpoint can be called for a single user in a 24 hour period, as stated in the docs:

“This API has a daily rate limit of 100 requests per day. Therefore, only 100 Create a Meeting API requests are permitted within a 24 hour window for a user.”

Thanks,
Tommy