Electron login with userToken

Hello Team.

I have a use case where I need to join the meeting using username and usertoken. 

With the current implementation of Electron Zoom SDK, password is must for logging in.

My question is, is there a way where we can start or join a meeting using username and userToken values ?

Please help.

Thanks

Hi Dilip,

based on the current design, we provide two options for you:

1. using user id, token to authenticate

2. using email and password

so you can not use username and userToken together.

Best

Hi Wei,

Thanks for your response.

In the electron documentation, I see login function which accepts username and password. Where do I need to pass the userID and token to authenticate ?

Using apiKey and secretKey, I’m authenticating the sdk. Will this authentication be sufficient for starting or joining a meeting ?

Or Do I need to login for starting/joining a meeting ?

Thanks 

Hi Dilip,

we provide two methods to authentication, one method is to use zoomauth.SDKAuth(appkey, appsecret). you need to pass app key and app secret.

another method is to use zoomauth.Login(username, psw). 

you can choose either one of them which will be sufficient to start a meeting.

Best

Thank you for the response Wei.

Hi Wei,

I chose zoomauth.SDKAuth(appkey, appsecret) to authenticate and I succeeded.

With the meetingID, I’m able to join the meeting but unable to start the meeting.

Please help.

Thanks

Hi Dilip,

currently Electron SDK only support start a meeting if you login using username and password. We will support user who authed with app key/secret to start meeting in the next release.

Best

Thanks for the response Wei

Will be waiting for the next release.

Any approximate date when you are planning for the next release ?

Thanks

Hi Dilip,

currently we target it at end of October, will keep you posted!

Hi Wei,

Thanks for the update.

I have one more question. How to start a meeting with video on by default ?

Hi Dilip,

currently this function is available on Normal windows SDK, we will wrap it to electron SDK in the next release.

Best

Hi Wei,

As you mentioned, any updates on starting a meeting with video ON (Video Call) by default ?

Thanks,

Jaswanth

Hi Jaswanth,

This is already in the latest release, please take a look at: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-electron

Best