Starting a meeting thru the SDK

Hello,

I am unable to use the zoom_sdk_demo specifically to start a meeting. When I enter the criteria to start a meeting, it has the same dialog as if I were to instead join a meeting.

My steps:

Start zoom_sdk_demo, enter my SDK key and secret, which opens the start_join_meeting window, for which 5 textfields are displayed: UserName, UserID(start meeting), UserToken(start meeting), AccessToken, MeetingNumber.

UserName: I use my display name
UserId(start meeting): I use my email address
UserToken(start meeting): I use the token I successfully received from GET /v2/users/{userId}/token?type=token&access_token={JWT}
AccessToken: I use the token I successfully received from GET /v2/users/{userId}/token?type=zak&access_token={JWT}
MeetingNumber: I use the meeting ID from a successful meeting creation via POST $"/{userId}/meetings/type=token&access_token={JWT}

When I enter the criteria to start a meeting, it has the same dialog as if I were to instead join a meeting.

I am certain the AccessToken and MeetingNumber fields are correct, because I see them embedded in the start_url field in the message response from the POST return to create the meeting (e.g., Error - Zoom), and I am able to start the meeting using that URL through my browser.

But I would like to start the meeting thru the SDK. Any suggestions? Any ideas why the “Start meeting” functionality seems to route/default to the “Join meeting” functionality? I am using v4.6.21666 of the SDK.

Thank you

I just figured it out, for anyone who may have the same issue… I had to use the JWT itself for the ‘UserToken(start meeting)’ field, not the token received from GET /v2/users/{userId}/token?type=token&access_token={JWT}.

I can now start the meeting successfully thru the SDK

Best,

Hi @jgadzik,

Thanks for the post and glad to hear that you have found the solution. Happy Zooming!