Embading zoom meeting without Web SDK

Hi,
I have an OAuth App. Currently it is showing zoom link to open with APP.
I am getting user request to embed Zoom in the browser tab. If I understand correctly WebSDK works only with JWT apps. I found there are some threads for embedding Zoom in an ifrme, can anyone point me to any sample code snippet.

Hey @123.sourav,

The only supported way to embed Zoom meetings / webinars into a website is with the Zoom Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

… and support only JWT on Web SDK?

I see my competitors are already embedding Zoom in their oAuth apps. How they do it?
Surely there is a workaround. I would not use such hacks only if there is Web SDK would work with oAuth, but it is not.

Hey @123.sourav,

You can use OAuth in conjunction with the Web SDK (JWT).

For example, create meetings on behalf of a user via OAuth, and then join that meeting with the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy. It sounds interesting. I still need little more clarity. Let me provide you some more context to the problem.

I am building is a marketing website for people who teaches on Zoom. They connect their zoom account using oAuth, and we build a micro-site on subdomain of our site.

Does each site-owner needs to separately provide us their JW Token, or I can create
a JWT app and use it to embed for all sites?

Hey @123.sourav,

We do not allow developers to request users share their JWT Credentials.

Your options are to use your JWT Credentials and users will be able to join meetings, or a better approach would be to just display a button with the join_url or start_url which will open the Zoom App.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy thanks. I will try using my JWT app credential to embed meeting.

The application currently shows a join button, but I am receiving request from the beta users to embed the meeting on browser.

1 Like

Hey @123.sourav,

Sounds good! Let me know if you have any issues! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.