Embed Zoom by iFrame - no SDK (sorry to reopen)

Hello Guys,
first of all, I’m very sorry to re-open an old topic, but I cannot find any similar thread that is still open (I started from this)

Second: I know that SDK is presently the only official solution for meeting-embedding, but I cannot use it:

• I’m too dumb to understand how to use it
  • I have limited administrative access to my webpage, I can add some HTML code (such as an iFrame chunk), but I cannot work at a deeper level

My problem is:
I succeded embedding a Zoom meeting in my Moodle page, but it enters the conference only if using Firefox but not with Chrome (on Linux, Win10, Win7, same using Chromium or Edge)

Here a video showing you the issue (first attempt with Chrome, second using Firefox)

Sorry, it’s in Italian. By the way, the error message is “You are now entering an outside conference not created by success” (the original invite link was on us02web ), then a sort of loop starts. Sometimes Firefox too shows the same error, but it doesn’t affect the connection.

The code I’m using is:

<div class="iframe-container" style="overflow: hidden;
padding-top: 56.25%; position: relative;">
    <iframe allow="microphone; camera" style="border: 0; height: 
100%; left: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%;" src="https://success.zoom.us/wc/join/81992105720?pwd=djlLWTJRR2tTcXJOVXlsSnl0Zkk2dz09" frameborder="0"></iframe>
</div>

Do you have any suggestions? @tommy, please, I read your previous post, and you seem to know everything about the iFrame’s issue… :grin:

Thank you very much!

daniele

Hey @dpozzi ,

Unfortunately the Web SDKs do not support being embedded in an iFrame.

We are exploring an easier way to get the Zoom SDK into a web page, so please stay tuned here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, thank you very much for your answer. Looking forward to a newbie-friendly version of Web SDK. However, my present problem is to understand why the iFrame code I’m using is working with Firefox but not with Chrome-family.

I just noticed that the video I posted had some problems, here a new version.

• First attempt: using Chrome, result: loop at the “enter” button after the message “this conference was not created by success…”
  • Second attempt: using Firefox, result: perfect connection after the message “this conference was not created by success…”
    Any way to solve the issue?
    Thank you in advance!

Daniele

Greetings, @dpozzi,

Thank you for your sharing that screen captured of the behavior you are seeing with Firefox but not with Chrome-family. This is likely as result of the internet policies, here is our Improve Performance in Chrome help documentation. You can also find more in-depth details on this subject here.

Let me know if this helps to answer your questions.

Best,
Donte

Best,
Donte

Hi Donte, thank you very much for your answer! I understood the 0.000001% of the material you suggested to me, but I think I made a terrific step forward anyway. So, please, tell me if I correctly understood:

• Chrome and such implemented a security feature preventing the browser from downloading data from a web source embedded in a different webpage
  • The only way to bypass is to implement Cross Origin Isolation or, until July 2022, a Chrome Origin Trial token.

The token solution would work for me. However, I could not understand

1. which address I should use to generate the token (my domain? the page where the Zoom iFrame is? the Zoom conference address?)
  2. where to put the (I suppose into the header of my page, but Moodle allows me to access only the body).

Thank you very much!

daniele

Hey @dpozzi,

I’m happy to help out here!

The domain of your app

Yes, you would want to place the Meta tag in the header of your document.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.