Enabling WebCodecs Origin Trial causes the screen sharing not to work properly

Description
We were advised to enable WebCodecs and SharedArrayBuffers origin trial to solve some of the issues we are facing with Web SDK 1.9.6 like the delay in showing own video.

When I tested with just the WebCodecs origin trial enabled, I noticed that although the “delay in showing on video” issue has been fixed with that, a new issue appeared which is the screen sharing is no longer working properly. When I started screen sharing, preview is not shown on the screen sharing preview box inside the green bar of the page (this is the green bar showing when you do screen sharing on web client SDK). The black screen is also shown on the other user’s screen instead of the screen that I am sharing.

And then, when reported to Zoom, we were advised to enable SharedArrayBuffers origin trial as well together with WebCodecs. But when I tested with both the origin trials enabled, the issue is still there.

Error

Which Web Client SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Enable WebCodes origin trial in the app
  2. Launch your application
  3. Join a meeting
  4. Click on the “New Share” button
  5. Select any random window and start sharing

Screenshots

User sharing the screen view

Other user’s screen

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Please let me know if you need more information.

Hey @lfrancia,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I’ve since reached out to our engineering team for their insight.

I’ll let you know what I hear. (ZOOM-293128)

Thanks,
Max

Hey @lfrancia ,

This is now fixed in version 1.9.7. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Thank you so much for the fast action on this issue. We will now test our app with SDK 1.9.7.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
Lara

I’m glad to hear that a fix was released! Let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.