"endpoint.url_validation" Webhook event missing "clientid" header

When sending a Webhook URL Validation request from the “Add feature” section of App Management, the request is sent to the webhook address, contains all expected headers except the “clientid” which according to the documentation here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/#validate-your-webhook-endpoint Should be sent with ALL webhook events. We expect the clientid to be present to differentiate development and production requests before we even begin to process and validate the signature of the payload.

Hi @eric
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
As for right now, the clientID is not included in the “endpoint.url_validation” headers.
I have passed this feedback to the Engineering team since I can understand how receiving this clientID with the event could be beneficial for some users.
I will come back to you with an update as soon as I have more information.
Best,
Elisa

Hey Elisa,

Thanks for the reply. Also note that the documentation states this information will be available with every webhook event. So either the documentation needs to be fixed or the API call.

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks for the feedback @eric
I will make sure to communicate this with the appropriate team

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.