I can't find any validate button when setting webhook

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with Webhook URL validation.
I follow this document to enable webhook: Using webhooks
but, after input the URL, I can’t see any Validate button likely the document.
I can Save configuration without any validation.
I confirm that it has not any request come to my endpoint, too.
Have any wrong? And what should I do?

1 Like

Hi @kazuyoshi.okamoto
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
As for right now, you do not need to validate your URL button yet, we are yet to release this new feature.
So you are good to go without it as of right now.
Thanks,
Elisa

Thank @elisa.zoom .
I understand that I don’t need to verify the endpoint of webhook.
But, how can I sure that Zoom will call this endpoint successfully in case of having event?

Hi @kazuyoshi.okamoto
You should be receiving a payload JSON object whenever an event happens

We are still unable to see the validate button. It does not appear and we can continue to save event subscriptions.

Has this feature still not been implemented? I tried adding a new webhook subscription instead of editing our existing, and it also did not show the validate button, which seems at odds with the documentation. What do I need to do to enable the validate button?

Hi @partners
Thanks for chiming in on this topic!
This feature has not been implemented yet., so you do not need to worry about this quite yet.
Hope this helps,
Elisa

Thanks for confirming.

Do you have an estimate on when this feature will be implemented? We are having trouble scheduling the required work to support this, as the dates for the implementation keep getting pushed back.

Hello @partners
Thank you for reaching out back to me.
This feature was actually launched this past Monday and it’s live in the Marketplace for all app types.
Here is a link to our docs:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/#validate-your-webhook-endpoint

Let me know if you need anything else from me.
Best,
Elisa

I don’t think the “validate” button/process is working. I’ve followed the instructions in creating the hash and returning the correct response, but the validation continues to fail.

Hi @sfaraclas
Have you tried running our sample app??

@elisa.zoom Thank you for the response.

I’m using c#, so the sample code is a general guideline. However, I’m handling the same steps, in that I’m verifying that request came from zoom (comparing x-zm-signature value in the header to the hashed message) and they are matching.

Next, I’m hashing the plain token, as described, and returning a json object that includes the plainToken and the encryptedToken in the response, along with a 200 response code.

But, when I click the “Validate” button for my Event notification endpoint URL, I continue to get “URL Validation failed. Try again later”.

Hey @sfaraclas , I don’t know if this will help…however here’s what I use for my unit testing of a validation service that is currently working in Production:

Http Request Content

{“payload”:{“plainToken”:“iL8jhv9lQrWh1rHwbpcDxg”},“event_ts”:1670515564233,“event”:“endpoint.url_validation”}

Http Request Response

{“plainToken”:“iL8jhv9lQrWh1rHwbpcDxg”,“encryptedToken”:“666ee2d5aeee435703d4533a2886f6ba567b0731109d4c5f46a6b94f75f6af87”}

Zoom Secret Token

someZoomSecretToken

I also check that the response’s “Content-Type” is set to “application/json”, though I’m not 100% this is required. Also, sorry that this forum seems to be formatting my regular quotes as smart quotes.

2 Likes

@sfaraclas ,

This topic may be a duplicate of another. I will go ahead and close out this topic.

We kindly request that you only submit a single topic for any issues you are experiencing and keep any response to that thread.

Zoom Community

1 Like

The unit test example is incredibly useful. Like the OP I’m working in C# not JS, so I can’t use the sample code directly and so I used a SHA256 library not knowing that that is different than HMAC SHA256. And then I spent several hours pressing the validate button and looking at my logs and going, “well, it looks like it could be the right response.” But with the unit test info I could just test my code with curl and know that I’m not sending back the right token and finally had a clue as to what might be going wrong.