Enquiry about Implementing Text Chat Functionality and Video Functionality whenever required in Our Application

Dear Zoom Support Team,

I am currently working on an application project that involves enabling customer-agent communication through text chat app and he can do video call whenever required within a same room. I am reaching out to inquire about the suitability of Zoom for this purpose and to better understand its capabilities.

In our application, I aim to enable customers to share their personal information, such as their name, contact number, and email address, with an agent. Subsequently, the agent should have the ability to initiate a text chat with the customer. Furthermore, both the agent and the customer should be able to communicate with each other through text messages within our application. Additionally, the agent should have the option to initiate a video chat, and it should be possible for both text and video chats to take place simultaneously within the same virtual room. so the text chat and video chat can be recorded within same room.

I wanted to inquire about which Zoom services or technologies would be most suitable for implementing these features. I believe that Zoom’s platform could offer a robust solution for my application’s requirements, and I am eager to explore the possibilities.

Could you please provide guidance on the relevant Zoom services or resources that can help me achieve the aforementioned functionality? Additionally, if there are any specific documentation or APIs that I should refer to, kindly point me in the right direction.

I appreciate your assistance in this matter and look forward to your response. If you require any further details or clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your time and support.