ENTIRE Transcription WITH Speaker Names in an automated way

I need the ability to export the transcript with Speaker Names how can one achieve this today?

Hi Joshua, 

Currently, we do not have capability to automatically export transcripts with speaker names via API or JS SDK. Can you describe your use case so that we can share with our Engineers to possibly implement this feature for a future release?

Thanks

Hi Michael- I’m looking for the same thing. We run a small app that helps teams gather customer feedback via video interviews- and we deliver our clients the video, and the transcript of that video. Would be great if we could easily distinguish whose talking by name via transcript. 

Hi Everyone, 

This feature will be planned to be released around October timeframe. 

Thanks

Hi Michael, just curious if this is still planned for release this month? 

Hello New Theory, 

Unfortunately. due to our new Marketplace push this feature has been push to November 2018 release. 

Thanks

Any update here on getting the full transcript as opposed to just the vtt file?

1 Like

Hi @ryan,

We have updated the transcript with speaker names within the JSON file. Also we plan on including them in the VTT files as well in a release around Q3 timeframe.

Thanks

But do you still have to match the breaks up manually with the times?

Hey @michael_p.zoom, just wanted to chime in for clarification.

What JSON file? Looking through all the returned file types there is never a single mention of a json file. The only transcript files I see for a meeting are vtt files. The documentation on recordings only mention audio_transcript which is the vtt file.

Is there any endpoint that I can get this information, or will the broken transcript complete webhook contain a link to this info?

Hi @matt,

Within the Retrieve recording response you should see a recording type “TIMELINE”. From there you can use the download url to get access to the JSON file which includes the speaker names.