Error 63 - Confused about accounts needed for development testing. Do I need a paid account?

Meeting SDK Type and Version
v5.16.5.24346 MSVC

Description
How do I create a meeting within my user account and join it using the meeting sdk?

Error?
Error 63

Troubleshooting Routes
Use GitHub - zoom/meetingsdk-auth-endpoint-sample: Generate a Meeting SDK JWT to join Zoom meetings and webinars with the Meeting SDK. to generate the sdk jwt

Run the msvc demo

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior including:

1. Start a meeting using the same account that has the meeting sdk app credentials. To do this login to the App Marketplace url (where we get the sdk credentials) and then navigate to the zoom.us main webpage and click on host → and then start my meeting there. This is where I get my meeting id and password from.
  2. Using the my app credentials from the sdk, meeting id and GitHub - zoom/meetingsdk-auth-endpoint-sample: Generate a Meeting SDK JWT to join Zoom meetings and webinars with the Meeting SDK. I generate the jwt using a curl command
  3. Then I run the demo, click ok on the SetDomain (left at default value), enter in my generated jwt, click on only join and enter in the meeting id, display name and password. Then i get the Error 63.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here? Do I need a paid account or something?

@varun_gadre you don’t need a paid account for development.

Could you share the token which you have generated?

Please tag me in your response

Hi @chunsiong.zoom , I have a published app and trying to join an external meeting but still gets error code 63 and 6601.

@hninnu which platform are you using? Web SDK or other platforms?

@chunsiong.zoom , web is working well, both android and ios are not working. All of them work for webinars which are created from original zoom account.

@hninnu so it works for web but not android and iOS?

@chunsiong.zoom , yes

do you have a sample of the authentication token used for iOS / Android?

Do you mean JWT token?

yes @hninnu , the JWT token used to authenticate the SDK

@hninnu I need the key with the sdk / appkey. I’ll PM you instead

@chunsiong.zoom

Hi, I am in the same team with Hnin Nu. Could you please send me a PM to take it forward? To give you some context:

We successfully published our Zoom Marketplace App on 21 February 2024. The app is the new version (not legacy version), which includes User OAuth and Meeting SDK:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/bjxY13nySb6Z3x4R0_8gGQ

• We use OAuth to create and edit webinars and to register users for the webinar
  • We use Meeting SDK (Android, iOS, web) for users to join webinars

With our own Zoom account, all the above functions are working properly
For third-party Zoom account, the OAuth functionality is working perfectly. However, both Android and iOS run into errors when trying to join the webinar through the Meeting SDK. Both iOS and Android are using the latest SDK versions (iOS is using 5.17). We encounter following problem:
Android shows error code: 6601
iOS shows error code: MobileRTCMeetError-63

Both errors hint that the Meeting SDK is trying to join a third-party webinar without being published. However, as our app has been published, we don’t expect this kind of error. Also the web SDK can join the webinar without problem.

We are using this JWT token for initializing the SDK:
{
“header”: {“alg”:“HS256”,“typ”:“JWT”},
“payload”:
{“sdkKey”: xxx,
“appKey”: xxx,
“mn”:yyy,
“role”:0,
“iat”:1708883500,
“exp”:1708969900,
“tokenExp”:1708969900
}
}

The backend server registers webinar participants through OAuth and sends the TK to the mobile app, which then uses the Meeting SDK to join the webinar as follows (example iOS):

joinMeetingParameters.webinarToken = tk
joinMeetingParameters.meetingNumber = meetingNumber
joinMeetingParameters.password = meetingPassword
joinMeetingParameters.userName = name

meetingService.joinMeeting(with: joinMeetingParameters)

Could you please help us and guide us how the error can be resolved? In the test of the Zoom Functional and Security team last week, all seemed to work well. I can share you our App Key in a PM.

@aungthura ,

For Android, could you capture the log and upload it somewhere for me to download it?

Tag me when you are done, I’ll PM you for the link

@chunsiong.zoom , ready to share you the link.

opening a ticket for this case
ZSEE-120537

@chunsiong.zoom
Here is the token i generated
eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJzZGtLZXkiOiI3aDd3a2pPZlJldUdia2NMR2ZWNndBIiwibW4iOiI4NTg0ODkyMTg5OSIsInJvbGUiOjAsImlhdCI6MTcwODk4NjU0OSwiZXhwIjoxNzA4OTkzNzQ5LCJhcHBLZXkiOiI3aDd3a2pPZlJldUdia2NMR2ZWNndBIiwidG9rZW5FeHAiOjE3MDg5OTM3NDl9.Nw_xyAkSjgknrPRC-O6ErlLLNdiu6QOgOy40tHOI2dw

Giving me the same error 63.

@varun_gadre , for your specific issue, you cannot join an external meeting UNLESS you publish / verify your Meeting SDK App.

Can you explain how I create an internal meeting then? How do I join a call that I created using my zoom account?

| Chun Siong (tag me for response) chunsiong.zoom
February 27 |

• | - |

@varun_gadre , for your specific issue, you cannot join an external meeting UNLESS you publish / verify your Meeting SDK App.

@varun_gadre any users in the same account as your Meeting SDK App creator, is considered internal users. The meetings which they create can be joined by the Meeting SDK.

Hey @chunsiong.zoom,
I really appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions. I know they must seem very basic but thank you for bearing with me.

So I created an account on marketplace.zoom.us which gives me the meeting sdk credentials used for generating the jwt. Using the same email I logged into the www.zoom.us website and started a zoom meeting from the web interface.

I should be able to connect to this zoom meeting using the demo application with the generated jwt correct? Or am I missing something?