Error code 200, no permission - when trying to create a meeting

Description
One of my clients started receiving this error when creating meetings. I cannot reproduce on any other environment so I’m digging into their specific integration, just asked to refresh their integration again.

Is there any specific action that can cause this? This is application-wide for every user on their account.

Error
{“code”:200,“message”:“No permission.”}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth Account Level

Which Endpoint/s?
/users/{userId}/meetings

I am also having the same problem. I am hitting the create meeting API with user id provided in My Zomm profile -> Personal meeting ID. This is the error
{

"code": 200,

"message": "No permission."

}

I am using oauth2 authentication.

Hey @mac, @rahul7,

Can you share the userId you are passing in and the request body JSON so I can debug the issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

By user you mean the email of a person I tried to create a meeting for?

How would you like me to share this? I can’t seem to find a way to PM you. This was a live issue with real user data that I wasn’t able to replicate locally.

I have captured access token from back then for that particular user - would this be of any use?

Hey @mac,

If you are using the email instead of the userID, please email it to developersupport@zoom.us with these details.

You can also try using me instead of the user email if this is a User Level OAuth app.

Thanks,
Tommy

hey Zoom Staff i have received this message a couple of days ago and i cant login to any zoom meeting can you please check whats wrong?
code 200 message No permission

Hey @salim,

Is this in the UI or using the Zoom Client? If so, you will want to reach out to Zoom Support for assistance with this.

If you’re getting this error via API, please share your request details and response, and we’ll be happy to take a closer look!

Best,
Will

I am having the same issue. I am making an API call to get a known meeting. Some meetings are not visible to me and return code.

GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/xxxxxxxxxx
 "code" => 200,
 "message" => "No permission."

In addition, I cannot find this meeting when I list meetings:

GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/me/meetings

What are the reasons for this?

–Martin

Hey @martindrapeau,

Are you querying meetings under your account when you run into this error? Are you able to make other requests without getting a 200 error?

If you can share the meeting ID too, this will help me to debug.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Hi Will,

Yes, it is this: 85295301692.

–Martin

Just to clarify, I am running under the account that created the meeting. I am able to query other meetings successfully.
I know the account has another host account in it. I don’t know if the fact that they might have touched it makes a difference. In addition, my customer has another pro account. Wondering again if they touched it and it changed anything (although that shouldn’t be). I don’t have access to those accounts - they are from one of my customers.
–Martin

Hey @martindrapeau,

Thanks for providing that—I’m actually not seeing a meeting for this ID. Is it possible they may have deleted it, or perhaps this was an instant meeting? I might recommend reaching out to them to confirm. Or, if you’re able to share a screenshot of this under the host’s account, this could help me to further investigate, too.

Thanks,
Will

I am also having this problem and every time i try to enter any meeting id it says the same thing over and over again. how can i fix this?

Hi @ACE_Elias,

Can you share a copy of the request you’re sending and the response you’re getting back? This will help us to debug. Please also ensure that you meet the prerequisites for the endpoint you’re calling.

Thanks!

I’m also getting the “error code 200 not permission”

Hi @ironic2alex,

Can you please share a copy of the full request you’re making? This will help us to debug.

Thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom we are also seeing this error a lot when calling the get meeting API. Here’s an example from Nov 17, 2020 7:41:19 PM UTC

GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/91748930765

The user in question is fTUZ4YkrQC2tfyLpszeWig

Could you confirm why this happens so I can ensure our backend is handling this properly?

Hey @jimig,

Please see the following forum post and let me know if that resolves your issues. If not, please submit a new forum post for this topic including and I’ll investigate it further ASAP.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

I took a look but think this is different. You talk about developer permissions in a Zoom account, but the user in question has given us OAuth scopes to read their meetings. These meeting IDs are arriving to us from their calendar and we are wondering why that error occurs.

Are they colleagues’ meetings that we don’t have access to? That is my assumption but I cannot prove it. Either way we need to know if the user can reconcile the situation, and if not why?

hello when i try to get live on youtube with zoom and i wanted to go to account settings to live my zoom says No Permission How do i fix this~