Error verifying during webhook verification

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Webhook verification

Description
So I was trying to set up a webhook to my django application inside my docker container. I was also using ngrok to create a public URL to connect to my docker instance. When I reach the verification step, and try to verify the url, I keep getting the error URL validation failed. Try again later. When I check the ngrok instance, I don’t see any requests coming in. Just to confirm that ngrok was working, I used postman to create a post request and was able to see my own request come in. As another option, I tried using my staging environment to test the verification process as well, and still had the same error.

Error message
URL validation failed. Try again later.

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Create a new endpoint for receiving zoom webhooks
2. Start a backend API inside a docker container
3. Start a ngrok instance exposing the local docker image port
4. On zoom dashboard, try to verify the webhook URL
5. See that the error on Zoom dashboard

Hi @stanley1 ,

Which of the verification options from our docs are you using? Can you walk us how to reproduce?

Hi @gianni.zoom,

I was using the Default Header Provided by Zoom option.

To reproduce it:
1. Create a new endpoint for receiving zoom webhooks
2. Add webhook secrets token to the platform
3. Start a backend API inside a docker container
4. Start a ngrok instance exposing the local docker image port
5. On zoom dashboard, try to verify the webhook URL
6. See the error, “URL validation failed, Try again later.” on Zoom webhook verification dashboard

I appreciate the help!

Hi @stanley1 ,

Please respond to my private message with the following:

Hello @gianni.zoom, I’m encountering the identical error message: “URL validation failed. Try again later.”

I’ve set up a legacy app and configured a few event subscriptions. I’m attempting to test the events locally using ngrok as the Event notification endpoint URL. However, the URL validation is unsuccessful, and I’m also experiencing a 403 Forbidden error for the subscribed events.

Would you mind assisting me in getting started? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi @pragyansh ,

Of course! Can you try running through set up with our sample app?

If it fails, please let me know I’ll reach back out requesting the same info asked from the developer above you.