Error with deeplink for oauth account-level app

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
getDeeplink

Description
I created an Oauth account-level app, and am trying to add the app to my account so that I can test it.
I get an error about missing scopes, but don’t see those scopes available to add.

Error?
{
code: 4700,
message: ‘Invalid access token, does not contain scopes: [app:deeplink:write:admin, zoomapp:inmeeting, app:deeplink:write].’
}

Hmm @JonTrova where are you seeing this error exactly? Have you successfully installed the app locally and are making a request to a specific endpoint? If so, which endpoint?

Thanks Gianna - this error comes when testing the auth flow for my app - I had copied code from the reference app, which applies to a “Zoom Apps” app, specifically this line is where the error appears:

I believe the issue is that my app, as mentioned before, is an “Oauth” app, which means I don’t have the scopes to do this deeplink redirect.

However, I realized that I don’t need to redirect the user after they install the app, it’s more like a nice-to-have, so don’t think it’s holding me up.

Hi @JonTrova ,

Ahh I see. If you have a standard OAuth application it is not beneficial to use the Zoom Apps sample app. You will continue to receive this error if trying to use this auth flow with OAuth.