Event notification endpoint URL validation fails

Hi,
I am trying to create a webhook in my zoom app, I have created API using AWS API Gateway which executes AWS Lambda function (Node.Js) to validate. I have added code from the documentation as below:

const { body } = event;
if(body.event === ‘endpoint.url_validation’) {

const hashForValidate = CryptoJS.createHmac('sha256', 'xxxxxxx').update(body.payload.plainToken).digest('hex')

const response = {
    statusCode: 200,
    body: JSON.stringify({
      plainToken: body.payload.plainToken,
      encryptedToken: hashForValidate
    }),
   };
 return response;

}

But every-time when trying to validate it showing as

App type: Zoom App

@reyaz.ahmed Hope you will be fine

Here is the session → How to enable Zoom WebHooks

Hi @freelancer.nak , Thank you for your quick response, I am following the same code as in the docs/ your video session , you can check my code above in the query as well, I am using lambda function instead of node server, so my post request will come in event parameter, and rest is same as node, but not sure why the validation always failing.

@reyaz.ahmed You need to verify that is there any preflight requests or 302 redirects to with initial request.

Hi @freelancer.nak , I tried with adding headers

headers: {
‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’: ‘*’,
},
but no luck.

@reyaz.ahmed

Please test first that POST request with Postman & verify that on that POST request are there any 302 redirects happening in the Postman console.

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.