External Users Edited & Deleted Messages are not being captured by API

Here is a ticket I opened a few months back & need an answer to. I feel that I explained the scenario well, but please let me know if there is still some confusion.

** Hello Zoom,**

We are using the following APIs to capture Zoom Chat data:

• /v2/report/chat/sessions
  • /v2/report/chat/sessions/{sessionId}
  • /v2/chat/users/{userId}/messages

We’ve noticed that when an external user is in a channel & decides to edit or delete a message that information is not captured. Is this something that Zoom is aware of? If so, is there a fix coming soon or already available within a different api?

Zoom’s Support Response:

-When you say external user, are you referring to a user outside of your account being able to utilize IM functionality? Best if you can send a screen recording of the issue encountered so that we can also see the specific workflow that you’re on.

Please feel free to add any helpful data/information on this thread.

Hello Zoom,

When you say external user, are you referring to a user outside of your account being able to utilize IM functionality? YES
Best if you can send a screen recording of the issue encountered so that we can also see the specific workflow that you’re on. - I’m unable to send a screen recording, but I can explain the scenario.

Account 1: Internal Archiving Turned On

Account 2: External - Outside of Account 1’s Organization

Scenario: A user in Account 2 sends a message to a user in Account 1. The user in Account 2, then edits (or deletes) the original message. Account 1 archives the entire chat conversation, however, the edited message is not captured (or if it was deleted, the original message is not captured).

Zoom’s Support Response:

Hello,

Thanks for telling us more about the issue presented, I have a follow up: was the meeting hosted by Account 1?

What’s the Account Number for Account 1? We would like to review if the account (level) settings are on point.

To avoid confusion, when you say “Account 1” or “Account 2”, are these users from different Zoom tenants? Or you’re referring to two users from the same Zoom tenant (hence we call it users, not accounts).

Hello Zoom,

This is related to Zoom Chat, not in-meeting, but yes the Account 1 is the host of the chat/channel conversation. Yes, they are users from separate Zoom tenants.

@emason1 apologies for the confusion with the support. Let me reporduce this error on my end and if it is a bug, I will escalate this to be fixed.

Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

-Ojus

@emason1 ,

I just tried reproducing it. When I call * /v2/chat/users/{userId}/messages, even for my internal user, it does not show me the original message either. Wondering if this is a bug. Either ways, I will file a bug report on this. Thank you once again for bringing this to our notice.

Ojus,

Awesome, thank you for the response!

Ojus,
Out of curiosity, is there another api that is recommended for Zoom Teams (Chat) data archiving? I want make sure that we are using the suggested apis for our compliance regulated clients.

@emason1 I dont think there is one at the moment.