Facing errorCode 3 and internal error code 5003 during SDK initialization

Description
We are seeing a lot of our Users facing this error. In the last 3 days, the error has spiked. Most Users are saying that Zoom app works fine on the same network but the Mobile SDK throws this error. The network connectivity is also good for most users. Please let me know how to solve/minimize this issue.

This is happening on all kinds of devices. Both Android and iOS. It is not specific to any Android Version as well. We are getting a huge number of complaints.

Which version?

v5.0.24437.0708

1 Like

Hey @anonymousedge03,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Is this happening for meetings or webinars or both? What domain are you using?

Thanks!
Michael

This is happening for meetings. The domain we are using is zoom.us.

@Michael_Condon I think if SDK is not initialized both meetings and webinars will not work, right?

Hey @anonymousedge03,

That is correct, I was just curious.
Is it possible to update the SDK to the latest version?

Michael

@Michael_Condon We updated the Zoom SDK version to 5.2.42043.1112. We are still facing this issue in huge numbers.

Hey @anonymousedge03,

I am sorry this is happening. Would you be able to gather the SDK logs for an instance where this happened and send them to developersupport@zoom.us so that we can investigate? In the email please provide a link to this post and mention my name. To obtain the SDK logs, please follow the instructions at the bottom of this page: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/mastering-zoom-sdk/sdk-initialization.

Can you also try one of those meetings in the sample app and let us know if you see the same issue?

Thanks!
Michael