Failure to delete cloud recordings via API

For the past few years, we have been using an automated script to delete cloud recordings to the trash via API using this method -

get recordings for a user -
for example -
https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/__oDUKfZQduSaJPDofMjXg/recordings/?page_size=999&from=1970-01-01T02%3A00%3A00Z&to=2024-07-02T13%3A21%3A35Z

delete recording request -
for example -
https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/HjBR3q5iTDig6F+GmNg+YQ%3D%3D/recordings/101c783e-cb3a-4785-ac10-49e3122a41e4/?action=trash&isMP4=false&id=c55865_24a_780_08_12_2024-07-01T12%3A51%3A44Z&uuid=HjBR3q5iTDig6F%2BGmNg%2BYQ%3D%3D&page_size=300

Since June 18th, approximately a third of our requests are failing to complete, and the result is that these recordings remain “stuck” at the status of “Deleting” (When viewed via zoom website as admin).

We suspect this is possibley a bug introduced during this api update -

Has anyone else encounterd similar behaviour recently while deleting cloud recordings?
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom.

Hi @opal.zoom.test
Thanks for reaching out to us!
Sorry for the delayed response here! Are you still having this issue?
Or have you noticed that your script is no longer failing? I am happy to look further into this!
Please let me know.
Cheers,
Elisa

Hi Elisa,
Thank you for your response.
We would be delighted if you could help us with this issue as it is still occurring on a daily basis.
We believe this is a bug, mainly because the end result is that the recordings are getting stuck in a limbo - they are not available online and not fully deleted in the trash.
Their status shows up as “Deleting…” when viewed via the web portal, and “Processing Recording” on the reports.
We create around 200 new cloud recordings every day, and since June 18th, roughly 25-50% of these recordings are not getting deleted properly.
I will be happy to send a complete list if you wish.
Thanks,
Tom.

Hi @opal.zoom.test
I can totally help looking into this
I will send you a DM, please follow up there with all relevant information