Fetching Webinar Start_Date/Time and End Data/Time

Description/Error
I am trying to fetch Webinar’s Start Date/Time and End Date/Time together, but i was only able to fetch Start Date/Time using the below API. Is there any way to fetch Webinar End Date/Time also or i have to calculate with Start Time value and duration.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

https://api.zoom.us/v2/webinars/{webinarId}

Hey @divakar.chandran, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

To fetch the start_time and end_time for a live or past webinar you can use the GET /metrics/webinars/{webinarId} endpoint.

You can also use the GET /report/webinars/{webinarId} endpoint to get the start_time and end_time for a past webinar.

Otherwise, to get the end_time for an Upcoming / Scheduled webinar, you do have to calculate it based on the start_time and duration.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy, I will try these solutions and get back if i face any issues.

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

Just went through all the solutions and could see that “GET /report/webinars/{webinarId}” and “GET /report/webinars/{webinarId}” APIs will give the details of last webinar instance by the attendees alone but not of the Webinar itself.

So hope Calculating the end time based upon the start time is the only available option.

Thanks,

Hey @divakar.chandran,

I am not sure what you mean by “give the details of last webinar instance by the attendees alone but not of the Webinar itself.” can you clarify?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tonny,

When the webinar is not started state then the API will give the details without Start_time, end_time and duration values like below,
{
“duration”: “”,
“email”: “divakar.chandran@abc.com”,
“end_time”: “”,
“has_3rd_party_audio”: false,
“has_pstn”: false,
“has_recording”: false,
“has_screen_share”: false,
“has_sip”: false,
“has_video”: false,
“has_voip”: false,
“host”: “Divakar Chandran”,
“id”: 662271158,
“participants”: 1,
“start_time”: “”,
“topic”: “My Webinar Test Dec 10”,
“user_type”: “Pro|Webinar100”,
“uuid”: “QZgCUmLfT9iYCDFqIJ/Zmw==”
}

But when the Webinar is started then it will give the below response including start time,
{
“duration”: “”,
“email”: “divakar.chandran@autodesk.com”,
“end_time”: “”,
“has_3rd_party_audio”: false,
“has_pstn”: false,
“has_recording”: false,
“has_screen_share”: false,
“has_sip”: false,
“has_video”: false,
“has_voip”: false,
“host”: “Divakar Chandran”,
“id”: 662271158,
“participants”: 1,
“start_time”: “2019-12-10T14:19:24Z”,
“topic”: “My Webinar Test Dec 10”,
“user_type”: “Pro|Webinar100”,
“uuid”: “QZgCUmLfT9iYCDFqIJ/Zmw==”
}

Anyways thanks for the guidance, according to the 3 suggestion we went on to calculate the End time with the help of Start Time and Duration. I have a clarification regarding daylight savings,

Is there a way to get the Start Time with Day Light Savings included or whether zoom is handling daylight savings?

Thanks for your help!

Hey @divakar.chandran, I see thanks for the clarification!

Yes option 3 is your best bet.

As for daylight savings, that is handled on Zoom’s end based on the timezone settings you have set on your Zoom account or when creating the Webinar via the API and setting the start_time! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy