Framereader read null frame! (Videos are no longer appearing in Chrome)

The same thing happens to me, as a host I can’t see my preview but only the participant.

Solved for me on browser laptop. The problem persist when try to make zoom meeting on phone device.

Hey @lucian.tanase,

Unfortunately, mobile browsers are not supported at this time. We are always working to expand our platform support though.

Please see our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes. You can also subscribe to the latest news at developers.zoom.us.

Thanks,
Max

Hello @tommy
I have the same issue.
I am using zoom web sdk 2.0.1, Windows and MacOS Chrome 95
Would you please help me?
Best regards

Greetings, @jameschan0524,

Happy to help ! Can you verify if you have implemented Cross Origin Isolation or the SharedArrayBuffer Chrome Origin Trial ? You can verify that the changes were applied to your site by entering the following in your browser console:

Also, I should note by default if you navigate to http://localhost:9998 it is enabled :

Vs.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

Thanks for your reply. @donte.zoom
Yes, already I have configured origin-trial and it says TRUE. but no work
Thanks

Hi, @donte.zoom

I am not sure this caused my issue.
Would you please check this code?

if n.format is not “I420” or “NV12” then I am getting invalid i.format.
I guess, i variable should have a default value.

The format can be “I420A” or “I420P”.

Regards

1 Like

I have similar issue as well. Please let me know if you found any solution/workaround for this issue

@jameschan0524 ,

Thank you for providing those details. Can you share screenshot of your join function and also verify the following:

1. Make sure your CDN or Local Assets are also on the same 2.0.1 version and you are calling the following methods at the top of the page like this example :

Best,
Donte

Hi,

Thank you for writing us, @saravana! It sounds like your camera requires a certain format. To ensure the best support, we will need more information pertaining to your camera setup along with details about the framework you are using ?

This information will help us provide more personalized support as well as debug the behavior you’ve encountered.

Best,
Donte

@donte.zoom My application uses React 17.0.2 and Zoom Web Meeting SDK 2.0.1. The video stream comes from Canvas HTML element as the application needs to send the custom rendered video from the browser to the Zoom meeting. It is similar to a camera video feed.

Stream (Camera or Canvas) continuously sends video frames(think of them as series of images) to the video or meeting. Images are in different formats like png, jpg, gif, etc, similarly VideoFrames might be in different formats. Zoom supports only two formats “I420” and “NV12”. The video frame format sent by Canvas stream is of format “I420A”. It is similar to I420 format, but with additional alpha channel.

The zoom meeting video issue that I have and @jameschan0524 mentioned in the earlier post are same.

This is not the issue with Zoom version, but the video frame formats that is supported by Zoom. His screenshot clearly explains the issue. I hope this explains the issue. Does Zoom has any plan to support formats other than I420 and NV12 in Web SDK ?

@donte.zoom
Same here, I used canvas for the video stream, I need to customize the video stream on the canvas and send it to zoom.
Please help us with this issue.
Thanks

@donte.zoom how are you?
Any luck?
Teams, Google Meet, Skype, Whereby does support I420A
Only I have an issue with Zoom and this was work perfectly on 1.9.7
Would you please help me? or please let me know what is the workaround.
Best regards

Greetings, @saravana and @jameschan0524,

It looks like you are trying to modify the function in the Web SDK library to send the custom rendered video from the browser to the Zoom meeting. Is this accurate? If so, that workaround is not supported for the Web SDK which is why you are seeing that behavior.

Alternatively, to achieve the user experience you are envisioning, our new Video SDK allows you to build highly customized user interfaces along with access to raw video and audio data. You will need a separate email account to get started, as no other Zoom services can reside on it. You can sign up for a new Video SDK account here. Please note, 10,000 mins/month are free and the plans are pay as they go.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

@donte.zoom Yes, that’s correct. I understand this is not the intended use case for Web SDK, it would be nice if zoom can support it. The I420A format is similar to I420 format, except for an additional alpha channel. Also Video SDK is irrelevant here as we are trying to integrate with the Zoom meetings. I have found a workaround which is working in chrome.

@jameschan0524 You can use the transform(stream) function in the below code snippet to convert I420A to I420 video frame format and send it to Zoom. This uses draft W3C standards and works only Chrome at this time.

@saravana Thanks so much, You did great job.
I will try it as soon as possible
Best regards

Thanks for sharing your workaround and progress @saravana @jameschan0524 :slight_smile:

-Tommy

@saravana I checked transform(stream) and it works well.
This is very useful code and helped me.
Thanks so much

Hey @jameschan0524,

Great! I’m glad to hear that resolved your issue. Thank you for updating us here.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.