Frequent invalid token requests

Apologies for opening another topic but the topic got closed:

This is still the number one complaint we receive daily. Is there any news on a fix?

Thanks

Hey @fahad.beehive,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I don’t have any new information on the issue just yet. I’ve reached out to our engineering team to see if they can provide an update.

I’ll let you know what I hear.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max. Need I repeat - this is causing a lot of stress, wasted support hours and a time waste since each app that connects to Zoom across two or more devices continues to invalidate the token. Switching from one device back to another, you’re greeted with a “Authorize app to use Zoom” again.

Hey @fahad.beehive,

Thank you for communicating how critical this is for you. We might be able to increase the token expiry tolerance for your app to address this, at least partially, in the meantime.

Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. I’ll follow up with you there.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max - that would be great, however I don’t think that would help though, since it expires only after you sign into another device, i.e. the existing token invalidates and the moment our app on the first device tries to connect, it’s greeted with an invalid_token response.

Or are you suggesting that the invalidation can be extended?

Hey @fahad.beehive,

Currently, our OAuth apps only allow one valid access_token at a time which is why you’ll see that requesting a new access_token on another device invalidates the first one.

On a case-by-case basis, depending heavily on need and on the use case, we have a couple of options we can look into to potentially mitigate this behavior.

If that sounds like something you want to look into, please send in an email. Any information you can provide about your use case there will help me to understand the best route forward and engage the proper team, if necessary.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you! Already sent the email :slight_smile:

Hey @fahad.beehive,

Thank you for submitting a ticket, I’ll follow up with you there.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.