Gallery view button not displaying

Description
When joining meeting using zoom embed meeting. It sometimes does not display “speaker view and gallery view” button. It only displays fullscreen button. It works fine sometime but not always.

Error
No error message.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: PC
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version : 94.0.4606.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hey @devendra ,

When the button does not display, how many participants are in your meeting?

Can you please share a screenshot? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy

I am aware of the fact that the gallery view button does not display when there is only one participant.

I have tried with multiple participants and it didn’t work. Here is the screenshot of the meeting.

I also faced this issue in chrome. then i found chrome version below 93 its working fine and chrome version 93 an 94 its not working. i tried to degrade to 91 and gallery view started working…

its some thing related to new chrome version. just degrade to 91 and it will start working

Hey @devendra , @jabuowais ,

I am not able to reproduce this issue.

That being said, are you embedding the SDK into an iFrame? If so, that could be the root cause as that is not currently supported.

-Tommy

Hello @tommy ,

The zoom SDK in embedded in an HTML page and that page is embedded in an iFrame. But, I don’t think that is the reason because it is working fine for some of the participants. Sometimes, it also works for me as well.

I tested again and it is working fine in Chrome (version - 94.0.4606.71), but not working for all participants.

Hey @devendra,

Thank you for following up on this! Often, we see issues introduced by the use of an iFrame especially after the requirement to Cross-Origin Isolate web page as outlined in our Web Isolation guide.

From here, I recommend testing the behavior outside of an iframe and using the verification methods in the guide above to confirm that SharedArrayBuffer is available to the SDK.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @tommy , currently i have the same issue with Web SDK 1.9.9 (Chrome Version 94.0.4606.71 (Official Build) (x86_64)).

With or without embedding the SDK into an iFrame doesn’t work either

Hey @wayaragil,

Have you followed our guide on Web Isolation? To verify that the changes were applied to your site, enter the following in your browser console:

typeof SharedArrayBuffer ==='function'

If the value is true, it’s correct. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

hello @MaxM ,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it is working fine, I can’t test it now.
I’ll check when it not work.

Thanks

@devendra

Thank you for this reply! We will keep an eye out for any updates on this matter.

A pleasant day to you!

Best,
Donte

Hello @MaxM , seems it’s working in Chrome and Opera after implementing Chrome Origin Trials, but not in safari.

How can i implement Chrome Origin Trials across multiple domain ?.

Otherwise, what are the negative impacts of using Cross-Origin Isolation ?

Hey @wayaragil,

Currently, only Chrome supports Gallery View.

More information can be found below:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web

You would want to create separate origin trials for each domain and then include the tokens as needed for each domain that you’re using.

It complicates how you load resources as it will block cross-origin requests. While it adds another layer of security, it also is another policy to keep track of.

More information:

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hai @MaxM, thank you for your reply

How many domains can be registered in Chrome Origin Trials in 1 account?, because I have more than 10 domains that require zoom web sdk for more than 5000 users per domain.

Hey @wayaragil ,

Any amount of domains. Origin Trials also support a wildcard for sub domains, meaning you just need one token for all sub domains.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for helping with this question!