Gallery View Show Empty Space

When I have 4 videos in gallery view, then they all consume all screen space perfectly fine, but when I have only 3 videos in gallery view then it shows empty blank space in bottom & videos height get reduced, as compared to what it was during 4 videos.

Please check the images for your reference:

Now you can see here that when i have 3 videos here, their reduced & this is the issue, I want them to consume full screen space like they are consuming in 4 videos.

Zoom Android SDK Version: zoom-sdk-android-5.9.1.3674

My Code

zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setCustomizedMeetingUIEnabled(false);
zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setSwitchVideoLayoutAccordingToUserCountEnabled(true);
zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setGalleryViewCapacity(12);
zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setNoUserJoinOrLeaveTipEnabled(true);
zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setHideNoVideoUsersEnabled(true);
zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setTurnOffMyVideoWhenJoinMeeting(true);
zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setAutoConnectVoIPWhenJoinMeeting(true);
zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setGalleryVideoViewDisabled(false);
zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setSwitchVideoLayoutUserCountThreshold(2);
zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setVideoAspectRatio(VideoAspectRatioType.ScaleToFit);

JoinMeetingOptions opts = new JoinMeetingOptions();
opts.no_driving_mode = true;
opts.no_invite = true;
opts.no_meeting_end_message = true;
opts.no_meeting_error_message = true;
//opts.no_titlebar = true;
opts.no_bottom_toolbar = true;
opts.no_dial_in_via_phone = true;
opts.no_dial_out_to_phone = true;
//opts.no_disconnect_audio = true;
opts.no_record = true;
opts.no_share = true;
opts.no_video = true;
opts.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_VIDEO + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_AUDIO +
MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SHARE + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_PARTICIPANTS +
MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_MORE + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_MEETING_ID +
MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_PASSWORD + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SWITCH_CAMERA +
//MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SWITCH_AUDIO_SOURCE +
MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_LEAVE;
opts.invite_options = InviteOptions.INVITE_DISABLE_ALL;
//opts.customer_key = meetingOptions.customer_key;
//opts.custom_meeting_id = meetingOptions.custom_meeting_id;
opts.no_unmute_confirm_dialog = true;
opts.no_webinar_register_dialog = true;
opts.no_chat_msg_toast = true;
//opts.no_audio = true;

Please let me know what i am missing here to get these 3 videos in full available space…

Also with this setting:
zoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setVideoAspectRatio(VideoAspectRatioType.ScaleToFit);

Main video going out of boundaries…

Hi @nilefire103,

I was able to reproduce this behavior, and it does seem that the SDK is behaving differently from the Zoom client on the latest version. Since this issue is present in the default meeting UI, this is probably something that will need to be changed internally to the SDK. We’ll investigate this and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Also with this setting:

Main video going out of boundaries…

This sounds like it is working as expected. It scales the video to fit the view on your screen, which may result in parts of the video getting cut off depending on the aspect ratio of the video and dimensions of the view used by the SDK. If you do not want the video to be scaled to fit the allotted space, you can use the default Original value.

Thanks!

Is there any way that meanwhile you work on the issue to achieve this:

How I can set width & height to individual Thumbnail ? So that I will calculate the screen dimensions & based on some calculation I assign equal width & height to thumbnails in case they are 2 / 3 or 4 in quantity.

Hi @nilefire103,

This UI cannot be modified at that granular of a level through the SDK, so the only other option would be to implement a custom meeting UI from scratch. I would not recommend implementing a custom UI as a temporary workaround though, as it is a non-trivial amount of work which can have a profound impact on your overall implementation. We are investigating the behavior and will keep you updated.

Thanks!

ok, so how much time is expected to get this issue resolved at your end ? so that i can get these thumbnails appearing fine irrespective of how many they are in quantity , 2/3/4 … ?

Hi @nilefire103,

We have concluded our investigation and identified a fix for this. It should be resolved in the next release. In case you weren’t already aware, the best places to stay up-to-date with SDK releases are the #new-releases category and our changelog.

Thanks!

Ok, but I was asking that approx after how many days you will release the new sdk update that will have this fix ?

Hi @nilefire103,

We typically release the Meeting SDK on a monthly cadence with releases taking place at the end of the month.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.