General Question About API - Possible to manage break out rooms and participants dispatch

Dear forum,

After searching on the forum and after found no relevant result, I decided to post.
I apologize if the response was already posted. I’m new on Zoom and I miss-understand the API/SDK capabilities.

Question : Is there any API part in the Zoom API that allows to:

• Activate (It seems to be YES)
  • Create a specific number of break out rooms during a webinar session (I didn’t found)
  • Get the list of registered and attending participants (Is seems to be YES)
  • Dispatch a specific participant ID in a specific Break out room ID (I didn’t found)
  • Exit all participants of a specific break out room (I didn’t found)

Thank you so much for your future responses.
Brice.

Hi @brice

Thanks so much for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community, I am happy to help here!

To answer your questions:

• Activate (It seems to be YES)
  • Create a specific number of break out rooms during a webinar session (I didn’t found)

So breakout rooms are not available in webinars, but they are for meetings, you can achieve this by passing a breakout_room object in your settings field when you send a post request to create a meeting

and you can also pre-assign them manually:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360032752671-Pre-assigning-participants-to-breakout-rooms

• Get the list of registered and attending participants (Is seems to be YES)
  • Dispatch a specific participant ID in a specific Break out room ID (I didn’t found)
  • Exit all participants of a specific break out room (I didn’t found)

You are correct, you can not send a specific participant into a specific breakout room via API, it must be done manually. And to your last question, no you can not exit all participants from a specific breakout room via API.

I hope these answers help and please let me know if you need anything else.
Best,
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom,

Thank you for response.
I’m disappointed there is no way to manage break out room with the API.

Alternative: Could we invite an in/external participant by following a break out room endpoint link? Sent in the chat for example?

Hi @brice
I understand how you are feeling and I apologize for the inconvenience. I will make sure to pass along the feedback to my colleagues.

And for the alternative, no, you can not generate a join link to a meeting that can direct you straight to the breakout room

Feel free to make a feature request for all your ideas/requests, here:

Cheers,
Elisa

Ok. Thank you.
Best regards,
Brice.

1 Like