Create New Meeting - ZOOM API

Hi Everyone!

I am currently trying to use the create meeting zoom API to automatically assign break out rooms to automation zoom meetings we are setting up.
As seen from the Zoom API documentation, Create a meeting - Meetings - Zoom API - API Reference - Zoom Developer - Technical Documentation and Reference inside the settings, we can set break out rooms to ‘true’

I am able to set breakout_room to enabled as true, however there is additional settings to name the room and to add room participants. Anytime I try to add this code, it never shows with this additional information, only whether the breakout room is enabled or not.

I have been trying things like the below code:

$BRooms = @{
‘enable’ = ‘true’
‘rooms_name’ = ‘Helo’
‘rooms_participants’ = ‘#UsersIdHere
}

$Settings = @{
‘breakout_room’ = $BRooms
}

But have not been successful, has anyone used this part of the API before that could show me how to do this?

Thanks!
Lauren

1 Like

Hey @lauren.olphert,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Currently, we don’t offer any APIs to manage breakout rooms. This is something we plan to add in the future but I don’t have an ETA on when this will be available.

We have an existing feature request for this that you can find here:

In the meantime, please subscribe to our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

It’s not so much to manage break out rooms but to create and pre assign before the meeting… Do yous have any functionality for this other than manually?
Is there anything we could go off on the zoom SDK that would allow us to create a break out room?
The SDK allows you to join a break out room- but these features need a breakout room to join so unless your doing it manually, we cant use them :frowning:

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi @MaxM,

Another question… I have been testing the SDK using the break out room controller and using the join feature to try and join a break out room (we manually assigned the break out rooms from the web)… I am wondering what the breakout room id is? or where would I find this information?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hey @lauren.olphert,

Thank you for the update!

While the API doesn’t have a feature to pre-assign participants to breakout rooms, this can be done through the Zoom Web Portal. You can find more information on how that can be done with CSV here.

The SDKs are made so that you can embed Zoom in your application but when it comes to managing your meetings programmatically, that should be done with the APIs.

Just to clarify, are you using the Web SDK when trying to join a breakout room? If so, you can try using the getBreakoutRoomList() to get a list of breakout rooms. We cover this function in our Web SDK reference.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,

No I am using the Windows SDK… Which has the following functions:
-GetBreakOutRoomInfoList()
-JoinBreakOutRoom();

However when I try and get break out room info from a meeting that we have already pre configured with breakout rooms- this returns null, similarly it wont let me join a break out room from the function (this may be because im entering the wrong breakout room id) Where would I find the break out room ID?
I was assuming we might get this back off the break out room info but as this is returning null I wasnt sure :frowning:

Thanks,
Lauren

Hey @lauren.olphert,

Thank you for clarifying, please post in our #client-desktop-sdk:windows category and a subject matter expert can assist you with the issues using Breakout Rooms with the Windows SDK.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.