Generate Zoom Meeting Invitations Programmatically

Hi there!

I own a digital platform (PHP) where we allow users to schedule digital meetings with each other. I am trying to figure out how we can generate zoom room invitations via code. Will we need to have at least one member’s “zoom room” name? Or is there a way to generate an invitation based on date and time that we pass in to the API without either user’s id? We’ll then send this invitation link using a google calendar invite that we have generated.

The meetings will only be one to one meetings :slight_smile:
Please advise! I had a hard time figuring it out using the documentation.

Hi! The only way to schedule a Zoom meeting, and have it show up on the Zoom Room’s list of scheduled meetings on the Zoom Room’s monitor, is to schedule a meeting on the calendar that is integrated with the Zoom Room, then add the Zoom Room as a conference Room resource to the calendar item. You also need to schedule a Zoom meeting, then add that Zoom meeting info to the calendar entry. I believe Google and Exchange have standard ways of adding video conference info to a calendar item; you would use that mechanism to add the Zoom meeting ID to the calendar entry. When the calendar item is updated, the meeting info gets pushed to the Zoom Room, and the Zoom Room displays the scheduled meeting details on the Zoom Room monitor.

-Scott

Hm, maybe I’m not explaining myself clearly.

What I need help with is the piece of code that generates a zoom meeting invitation.
I’m a little unfamiliar with the API- is there perhaps an example somewhere that I could see?

All I’m looking for is the syntax needed to generate a meeting link via code. I’m also assuming that I don’t NEED either party’s zoom id to generate the invitation - correct?

I recommend asking this question in the REST API forum:

https://devforum.zoom.us/c/rest-api-development

I’m not familiar with meeting ID ownership. This forum is more Zoom Room specific.

-Scott

Hi Taylor,
Have you found a way to generate Zoom link for appointments and ass it to Google calendar? Please let me know.

Hey @optt.

Please see our Google Calendar App: https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/VG_p3Bb_TwWe_bgZmPUaXw

Thanks,
Tommy

I’m looking for the Javascript code like Taylor.
In my website people can book appointment and I need to generate zoom link and send it to them. I’m using google calendar API for choosing dates.

Hey @optt,

You can Create the meeting, which returns the meeting link, but to add that link to a calendar, you will have to use a 3rd party as Zoom does not have calendar APIs.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, I’m using Google Calendar.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

I’m new to this. Is there a sample code anywhere that I can modify it for my use?

Hey @optt,

For authentication, see our guides and sample apps.

There is example code on each endpoint page in all different languages.

Thanks,
Tommy