Get a List of Inactive Users in the Past X Days and Change Type to Basic

I work for a school district and we’ve been using Zoom throughout the pandemic to teach students. One issue we’re running into is that we have several substitutes occupying licenses and are infrequently used. I would like to identify inactive users within the last x number of days and change their user type to ‘basic.’ We have 1400 licenses on the account, so doing this manually is tedious. I have very little experience with APIs, so I was wondering - has anyone else had this issue and accomplished what I’m seeking? If so, is there a sample script I can start with?

Hey @rfitzpatrick,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good questions.

If you’re interested in listing inactive users and updating/removing licenses, I should note that it is possible to do this programmatically via API. While we don’t have a sample script, you could leverage the following two API endpoints:

First, call our List Users endpoint to retrieve inactive users:

Then, update a user’s license (or remove it) using our Update User API:

Alternatively, this can also be done via the zoom.us web portal as well. If you are interested in understanding how to do this in a batch process from the web portal, you can reach out to our Technical Support team for guidance on this as well.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.