Here’s what we’re currently able to do:
- We have a User Managed OAuth Zoom application that is not published on the App Marketplace
- Using this Zoom application, we are able to authorize a user’s Zoom account(s) with our application and store their access and refresh tokens.
- Using said tokens and JWT-based API requests, we can create Zoom meetings using a user’s authorized Zoom account(s) and store the meeting’s ID and Start/Join URLs.
Here’s the functionality we’d like to add:
- After a Zoom meeting ends, we would like to be able to get a report of attendees for that meeting, their name, email address, join time, leave time, duration in meeting, etc.
Here’s what we think needs to happen:
- Publish our Zoom application on the App Marketplace so that Zoom users can install it.
- Prompt our users to install our Zoom application when they authorize their Zoom account(s) with our application (and handle any existing authorizations).
- Enable Webhooks for our Zoom application.
- Create a Webhook route in our application to handle POSTs from Zoom.
- Parse the Meeting Ending event from Zoom.
- Whenever a meeting ends, hit the Report Meeting Participants API endpoint to get the data we need.
I’ve found the relevant documentation re: doing everything we think we need to do (though apparently as a new user I’m not allowed to post them).
I hope that makes sense, and I’d greatly appreciate any feedback and/or suggestions.
Thanks in advance!