GET /meetings/{meetingId}/recordings cannot deal with UUIDs that contain forward slashes

I am using the past_meetings endpoint to look up all instances of a meeting_id. https://api.zoom.us/v2/past_meetings/.../instances

Once I get those, I’m checking for recordings against the /meetings/…/recordings endpoint using a UUID. The UUID contains a slash and the API just fails with the call.

Hi @samly,

Have you tried encoding the UUID?

Thanks

Yes. The API endpoint doesn’t seem to accept it even if it’s encoded. I can share a Meeting UUID in private if that’s an option if you want to test it out.

Yes please send us the accountID and UUID at developersupport@zoom.us and we’ll take a look.

Thanks

I’m having the same issue with a uuid that has a slash as the first character. Tried urlencoding but that doesn’t help. I receive 404 either way for a known existing recording.

@michael_p.zoom @Zoom_Ingester Figured out a workaround. If you encode the UUID twice, it works.
So, now my UUID path parameter is set like so: encodeURIComponent(encodeURIComponent("/sTuPiD_UuIDbeGinS_w1thSl@sh"))

1 Like

Hi @samly,

Glad that you were able to find a workaround, we’ll address it with our Engineers about the “/” in the UUID.

Thanks

Still seeing this same issue 6 months later. I have a UUID that starts with a / and it requires me to double encode it for it to be recognized. This makes no sense. Do we have an update on this?

Hi @zoom-test,

We are still working on the improvements to remove the “/” from the UUID, you can check back our Developer Changelog log for any updates pertaining to our APIs.

Thanks

Lucky us had our first slash in the UUID. Any update on this issue? It’s been almost 10 months now judging by this thread. Thank you.

Hey @khronos, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Currently the workaround is to double url encode the UUID.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you @tommy. We see the work around. Hopefully a proper fix is in the works?

1 Like

Hey @khronos,

Yes, a proper fix is in the works. Stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi! I appreciate that you are working hard on this issue, but I got the same problem just yesterday. No extra encoding works for me yet :frowning:
Any updates?

Hey @tech2,

Please share your request url and response so I can debug.

Thanks,
Tommy

We also face the same problem. If there’s a forward slash ( / ) in UUID, the meeting id becomes invalid. In our ~50 days of usage, got nearly 12 UUIDs with ’ / ’ which couldn’t retrieve meeting details.

Hi @pachai,

Can you please try double encoding the Meeting UUID? This should ensure you can query the Meeting as expected.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks @will.zoom, it works.
A simple thing is being complicated because of the system which is the source of value couldn’t recognize without a special treatment. Many people have to scratch their head because of this.

I’m glad this worked, @pachai, and appreciate the feedback.

Best,
Will