"code": 3001, "message": "Meeting does not exist." -- How to properly encode UUID?

Description
I am calling the endpoint /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants/qos and passing in a UUID. Most times I receive a status code 200 and everything is as expected. However, sometimes, I receive a status code 404. This seems to be caused by the UUID containing a forward slash.

Error
{
“code”: 3001,
“message”: “Meeting does not exist: HKEpw/xERiKX/PKxMl39A==.”
}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Oauth

Which Endpoint/s?
/metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants/qos

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/HKEpw/xERiKX/PKxMl39A==/participants/qos?page_size=10&type=past

Headers:
  Authorization: Bearer <INSERT TOKEN HERE>

Body:
  undefined

Additional context
I’m using the Requests package via Python to access the API, so any related suggestions would be great.

Hey @curtis,

If the meetingUUID has a slash / in it, you must double url encode it.

So HKEpw/xERiKX/PKxMl39A== will become: HKEpw%252FxERiKX%252FPKxMl39A%253D%253D

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried double URL encoding the UUID for another meeting that has a / within the UUID, but that still returned "code": 3001.

Original UUID: dJzN/qMQT9yfKOwVhiNofQ==
Double encoded UUID: dJzN%252FqMQT9yfKOwVhiNofQ%253D%253D

Query

GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/dJzN%252FqMQT9yfKOwVhiNofQ%253D%253D/participants/qos?page_size=10&type=past

Headers:

Body:
  undefined 

Result

{
  "code": 3001,
  "message": "Meeting does not exist: dJzN/qMQT9yfKOwVhiNofQ==."
}

Any thoughts on what might be happening here?

Hey @curtis,

Are you still getting this error? Do you get the same error when you query the Meeting ID instead of the UUID?

Additionally, was this a one-time meeting or part of a recurring series? Let me know when you have a chance!

Thanks,
Will

@will.zoom – thanks for the response. I’m still getting the same error with that UUID (as well as others). The Meeting ID for that specific meeting is 691808998, returns the following response when I submit the Meeting ID instead of the UUID:

GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/691808998/participants/qos?page_size=1&type=live

Headers:

Body:
  undefined
{
  "next_page_token": "",
  "page_count": 0,
  "page_size": 1,
  "participants": [],
  "total_records": 0
}

For context, I’m testing these error cases through the Send a test request section in the API documentation.

Hey @curtis,

In taking a look at that most recent ID, it looks like that was a one-time meeting from a while back.
A scheduled, non-recurring meeting ID (also known as a one-time meeting ID) will expire 30 days after the scheduled date, which is likely why you’re not seeing any results for this meeting. You can read more about this here:

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.