Get participants listing last occurrence only

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I’m trying to get past participants for a given time, but I’m only getting last occurrence of meeting…

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
"https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/92913183237/participants?type=past&from=2021-01-01&to=2021-03-31&page_size=300

For the above specific meeting ID, I should be getting three days. 3/29/21-3/31/21. I am only getting 3/31/21

Hey @dbailey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Try using a from date that is within one month of your to date. The API can only show up to 1 month of data at a time and selecting a date that is outside of the range may be causing it to default to the current date.

If that doesn’t help, you can try using the UUID of the specific instance in order to see information about each instance of the meeting.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Why under “List Participants”, ( GET /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants) does it state…

“You can specify a monthly date range for the dashboard data using the from and to query parameters. The month should fall within the last six months.”

Hey @dbailey,

Good question! This is a spot where our documentation could be clearer.

While the time between the to and from field should be 1 month, that month should also be within the last 6 months. In other words, you can request up to 1 month of data at once from within the last 6 months. You’ll see this pattern with a few of our APIs.

If we look at the List Meeting Participants Dashboard API, we can see that it says this but it’s not made clear:

You can specify a monthly date range for the dashboard data using the from and to query parameters. The month should fall within the last six months.

I’ll see if we can have this updated. Let me know if that helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

I’m good. I went after the past participants via past_meetings/instances using meetingID, then report/meetings/participants using the UUID of the instance.

thank you

1 Like

Great! I’m glad that worked for you, thank you for sharing that here. Let us know if you run into any further issues or questions.

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.